Thread: Bike Pic Thread!

Default Bike Pic Thread!

Just got my new(to me) Klein Mantra Race. It's just about biking season, trails are a little soggy yet, but I figured a few of you were tuning up the ol' mountain bikes.
    Got any Pics???
    Trail condition reports in SC???

Here's mine
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "When the time comes for a man to look his Maker in the eye, where better could the meeting be held than in the wilderness?"

Holy moly! That thing looks....expensive! Congrats on the new wheels. I'm assuming its super lightweight too...?

Here's mine. When did it come to having to tune up a bike? I remember squirting WD-40 on the chain and going to town! 19 Apr 11 003.jpg
    "What is it about a beautiful sunny afternoon, with the birds singing and the wind rustling through the leaves, that makes you want to get drunk? --Jack Handy

Tune-ups will just tighten things up, Grizzly Man. WD-40 will still work wonders, but your brakes will be more effective and gears will switch more smoothly if you go over things once or twice a year. Just like a boat or a truck, maintenance helps a bit.

Here's my ride - a Marin Mount Vision. It has five years and a lot of miles on it, but she still rides like a dream. These pics were self-shots taken at the base of Blacktail Rocks, down the ridge a ways from Mt. Baldy in Eagle River. You can't really see the bike, I guess, but the scenery and the ride are the point anyhow.

Nice wheels boys! Can't wait to get out and do some riding, for nw I'll just be content to riding around in circles on the pavement...
    "When the time comes for a man to look his Maker in the eye, where better could the meeting be held than in the wilderness?"

hey brian what route did you take to get to black tail rocks, baldy seems pretty steep, that leaves ptarmigan. just curious looking to get up there with my bike.

Here are those that make up my "stable." The scary thing is that I ride and race on most of these fairly regularly (except for the snow bike that is brand new as of a couple weeks ago and won't see the trails until next winter).

Primarily road focused (Ridley X-Fire Cross bike, Guru Trilite TT Bike, Orbea Orca Road Bike, Schwinn Fastback Factory Road Bike)

bikes 1.jpg

Off Road (9-ZERO-7 Snow Bike, Orbea Oiz Carbon Mtn Bike, Giant Mountain Bike, Specialized Stumpjumper M2-Pro Mountain Bike)
    bikes 2.jpg

That snowbike looks rad!!

Resident Lance Armstrong on here, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by hunt_ak View Post
    That snowbike looks rad!!

Resident Lance Armstrong on here, eh?
    I am really excited about getting it out on the snow.

I just tend to race all kinds of human powered sports, from cross country running to triathlons (on and off road), to biking (mountain and road) to cross country skiing. Takes lots of different toys. One of the reasons I love Alaska is that I can do all these things right from my house depending on the season. Not many places out there that you can do that.

Quote Originally Posted by danny09 View Post
    hey brian what route did you take to get to black tail rocks, baldy seems pretty steep, that leaves ptarmigan. just curious looking to get up there with my bike.
    Pushed it straight up the face of Baldy, then rode the ridge from there. It's a pretty fun ride, especially coming down Ptarmigan Valley to Peter's Creek. The downhill is a solid 6-8 miles without pedaling, and by then the work of getting up Baldy is a distant memory.

Got the girls out for a morning ride today. Trails around on the Kenai seem to be getting tolerable if there isn't too much elevation gain.

Still a couple weeks before things good, but city paths are all dry now so that makes for good training.

Gonna have lunch, get cleaned up and then it's Kelly Cup time. Go Aces! WOOT!
    Just another day in paradise...
    Attached Images Attached Images

2008 Kona Kula Deluxe:

Attachment 50658

My new Redline Monocog 29er, I love this bike! We're going to ride the Eklutna Lakeside Trail this weekend to break-in my S.S. legs!

Attachment 50979