Thread: Bearly Leagal Coco concoction (spray and wait) how to (with pics)

Default Bearly Leagal Coco concoction (spray and wait) how to (with pics)

Just wanted to share one of my current inventions in the bear baiting tricks and tactics.

What you will need:
    1 bottle of Maple Syrup
    1 bottle vanilla extract
    1 can of tropical punch Kool-Aid
    1 small box of butterscotch pudding mix
    1 bag of butterscotch chips (for cookies)
    1 bag of brown cane sugar
    1 cup coco powder
    8 cups of water
    small cooking pot and stove
    2 tbs lemon extract

Step 1: place 8 cups of water into your pot of mass destruction and bring to a light boil
    Step 2: Add 1 bottle of Maple Syrup to water stirring continuously until you feel no "resistance" in the liquid.
    Step 3: Add 1 Can of kool-aid, 1 bottle of vanilla extract, 2tbs lemon extract and 1/2 bag of brown cane sugar to liquid and stir vigorously until the mixture is consistant and smooth (should feel very little resistance when stirring).
    Step 4: add 1 cup of coco powder and 2 cups of butterscotch chips and butterscotch pudding mix. Stir frequently until the chips have dissolved and the consistency of the liquid is smooth. (Watch your heat so that it does not foam up and boil over).
    Step 5: remove liquid from head let sit for about 3-5 minutes (until slightly cool)
    Step 6: using a milk jug or 2ltr bottle pour your liquid mix into said bottle for storage.

Uses of this liquid:
    (some instances this liquid mix can be used for but not limited)
    Soak some cotton shop rags (clean) in the liquid and tie some 550cord (or other string/roap) around the rag and hang from a tree to get the scent in the air

drill a small hole in a 20 oz soda bottle and feed a string through the lid to act as a wick then hang the bottle with the string (approx 2-3 ft in length) from a tree.

Using a spray bottle spray the mix around your bait site on foliage, the ground, trees, barrels (or create a game trail and spray the mix down the trail to help guide the animals into your station giving you a better edge on shot zones).

Feel free to add other ideas to this (I am sure you could freeze this mix and use early in the season with it melting slightly allowing slower scent release).

Also you may want to use a strainer to remove any "larger debris" that may clog up a spray bottle

Thanks for the report! Thats an interesting mixture - what does it smell/taste like? Have you let it sit a week or more to see how everything settles? Have you field tested it? Do the scents/flavors overpower and/or neutralize one another? How much did you spend to make the entire batch? I'm all for DIY projects (see my popcorn Kool-Aid mixture on YouTube) but I'm hard pressed to find anything stronger than what's available at Bait Em' 907 for anything else.
    "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.

The mixture is pretty strong (you can add additional ingredients to make it even more powerful). The mix tastes VERY sweet (super sugary sweet with a nice hint of coco and butterscotch). The entire mix cost me around 8-10 bux to make it. (enough to fill about a half gallon). it settled fairly nicely (mainly due to skimming off the extra gook before putting it in the holding container). have yet to field test it but it is pretty strong smelling and should at least help hold some fuzzy critters at the bait site. Im sure putting some anise in the mix would do nothing but help bring the potency level out even more. I figure this with jess's scent balls at my site should really do a **** good job. The next batch I am going to make will have peppermint extract in it to really bring out that "punch"

actually just tried the settled and cooled product. Tastes just like strawberry cheese cake for some reason lol

shoot me a message we can talk we are from the same unit. I have been in the state for a long time. I have a few tricks that have worked for me over the years.

Nhrafox be careful with the extracts as they cotain a high amount of alcohol. just a heads up

Thanks for the heads up already knew about the alch. level of the extracts and really there is not much in it. I will post results as this weekend I should have my stand set up and baited

Quote Originally Posted by M.E.338 View Post
    shoot me a message we can talk we are from the same unit. I have been in the state for a long time. I have a few tricks that have worked for me over the years.
    sent you a message on your profile (unable to use the PM system still)