Thread: Alaskan Sportsmens Chest holster problems?

Default Alaskan Sportsmens Chest holster problems?

From a link on this site, I ordered a chest holster for my S&W 500 JRC in camo. Two weeks later, I called and was told it would be two more weeks till he could make on in camo? After two more weeks I began calling and no answer on phone? Another week and he emailed me saying he had one in black and could ship on the that day. I responded ship the black one! Today after another wait of a week, I called and he answered his phone listed on website. He told me be patient while he brought up the account. When he return to phone told me it had been shipped. I told him I would like a tracking number and was told he could give it to me over phone. I told him I prefered an email, to avoid mistakes(avo, avoid verbal orders). He hung up on my!
    If I ever get this, I'll return it and demand my money!
    Steve

Well Steve, some days are a little better than others but if I offered to provide you with a tracking number while on the telephone and you insisted on an e-mail response, I think I probably would have told you to ------- before hanging up.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over this experience, as the vendor probably had a couple hectic months and your order just happened to come along at the wrong time. Enjoy the rig and good shooting.
    Last edited by Snyd; 04-19-2011 at 11:45.

Steve imagine how busy this guy is this time of year. Thanks for supporting Alaskan buisness, I hope you find that when you do receive the holster, it was worth every second of wait. I love mine, and would not exchange it for anything under the sun.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "When the time comes for a man to look his Maker in the eye, where better could the meeting be held than in the wilderness?"

So what is that, 5-6 weeks? Plus the run around, not getting what you ordered, and getting hang-up on? Iíd dispute the charge on my card if you donít have the product and return it as not what you ordered if it came.

I hate businesses like that, tell me up front itís gonna take Ĺ a year and then Iíll likely respect the honesty and still place the order . . . cause me a mess then get mad at me about your mess and Iíll toss the mess back in your lap taking my money elsewhere!
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Too many other good bolsters out there for this. He may be busy, but customer service comes first. Get a simply rugged holster with a chest strap or go with diamond d holster. Can't go wrong either way

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    So what is that, 5-6 weeks? Plus the run around, not getting what you ordered, and getting hang-up on? Iíd dispute the charge on my card if you donít have the product and return it as not what you ordered if it came.

I hate businesses like that, tell me up front itís gonna take Ĺ a year and then Iíll likely respect the honesty and still place the order . . . cause me a mess then get mad at me about your mess and Iíll toss the mess back in your lap taking my money elsewhere!
    RIGHT. The guy probably won't be in business long, anyway.

Cancel the order immediately, and tell'im to keep his Nylon Bag, cause yer gittin a REAL holster.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post

I tend to agree...
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

I thought the word was out and Nylon holsters went the way of the dodo bird. But a Nylon holster you have to wait 2 months for and take some BS from the guy selling it.. No chance.

Complete opposite of my experience with them. I love my holster and have always gotten quick service from them. I wonder what is up?
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

the one pictured is an "uncle mike's" and I have 2, had 'em fora few years - there used to be a guy in Tigard OR by the name of "Blocker" if my memory serves me correct (no promises there) who made (makes) a leather chest holster, I used to have one for my now gone PD 429, they "left" as a team but the holster was absolutely quality work and service was outstanding as well

I have since, spoken to Rob with http://www.survivalsheath.com/holsters/index.htm and he has agreed to make me a beefed up version of one of his chest holsters if I'll send him my gun to use as a form(S&W JRC 500s cost $1400)?
    Steve

My wife ordered a Diamond D hunter for my python last November. Guy said she wouldnt have it by Christmas and she was planning on wrapping a picture of it up and putting it under the tree. Guy calls the day before Christmas Eve and says its ready, he wanted her have it by Christmas morning. Needless to say, we're customers for life.

Oh, and by the way, those boys turn out fabulous leather. You definitly get what you paid forl

jrt34, I looked through their selection but, never saw any "hunters" model?
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
    From a link on this site, I ordered a chest holster for my S&W 500 JRC in camo. Two weeks later, I called and was told it would be two more weeks till he could make on in camo? After two more weeks I began calling and no answer on phone? Another week and he emailed me saying he had one in black and could ship on the that day. I responded ship the black one! Today after another wait of a week, I called and he answered his phone listed on website. He told me be patient while he brought up the account. When he return to phone told me it had been shipped. I told him I would like a tracking number and was told he could give it to me over phone. I told him I prefered an email, to avoid mistakes(avo, avoid verbal orders). He hung up on my!
    If I ever get this, I'll return it and demand my money!
    Steve
    Steve

Sounds like a little bit of a run around from him.
    I contacted him a couple years ago to make a custom holster for my S&W 500 PC Hunter 10.5 barrel.
    He had never made one for that model so he had me trace it out and send it to him which I did and I had the holster
    in about two weeks . It turned out nice and I use it for float hunts .
    Hope you get yours soon

RR
    Practice does not make perfect !!!!!
    Perfect Practice makes perfect !!!!!!!!!!

USS SARATOGA CV-60

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...ex_2-1-1-1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
    I have since, spoken to Rob with http://www.survivalsheath.com/holsters/index.htm and he has agreed to make me a beefed up version of one of his chest holsters if I'll send him my gun to use as a form(S&W JRC 500s cost $1400)?
    Steve
    Next time do more research (sounds patronising not meant to!!), as this is not the first story I have heard like this with SS. I have been tempted by both his Kydex chest holsters and the 'Off Duty Chest Rig' (which looks like an ideal set up for fishing), but the customer service tales, similar to yours, has made me go elsewhere.

Completely opposite end of spectrum, I ordered a custom leather pancake from Lobo Leather. Obviously a one man shop. I was told on the phone 4 weeks. I fully expected 5 or 6 with us being in AK. I received 4 emails in those few weeks with updates and pictures of progress. Final email was 3 pictures 'is this what you expected?, if 'yes' I will ship'. Even with all that CS the holster arrived at my door 3 weeks and 6 days after placing order. Will Lobo Leather get my business again...............in a heartbeat. Outstanding CS and $$$ quality with a $$ price.

Quote Originally Posted by jrt34 View Post
    My wife ordered a Diamond D hunter for my python last November. Guy said she wouldnt have it by Christmas and she was planning on wrapping a picture of it up and putting it under the tree. Guy calls the day before Christmas Eve and says its ready, he wanted her have it by Christmas morning. Needless to say, we're customers for life.

Oh, and by the way, those boys turn out fabulous leather. You definitly get what you paid forl
    I bought one of their holsters at a gun show,,,, (blush-blush) ( I didn't know the length of my barrel) and when I called them back the next day they said no problem, bring the holster over to their shop and they'd make one to fit... Can't say enough good about them or their product... It fits perfectly...!!! I'm happy... and I have rapid access to the 44 mag if i need it...