Thread: Need Data For Hornady 174gr RN for 303 British

Default Need Data For Hornady 174gr RN for 303 British

Anyone have a Hornady load data book? I don't have one of those and I am looking for their max charges for the 303 British using their 174gr Round Nose Interlock to make comparison with the load work I am doing and I don't want to go past book max with my 303. Please, if you have their data PM me with the info, I would greatly appreciate it.
    I am at present making a sporter out of one of my No. 1 Mark III's for hunting purposes in thick cover on hogs. I have not finished putting it together, but once I do I will show you all. It will be nothing special, because it will be for hard hunting in two different swamp that are close to me. Someone might ask ask why the 303? Because I like the 303 with open sights, and just love it on short shots out to 200yds with a 174gr RN bullet. Thank you
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

PM sent....
    Foolishness is a moral category, not an intellectual one.

Thanks I got it and sent you one.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

i use my hornady manual which list several of my favorites;
    37gr of h4895 @ 2400fps
    39gr imr 4064 @ 2400fps
    40gr imr 4350 @ 2400fps.
    these loads are listed as max......so start lower and work up.

if this rifle is new to you, keep in mind they are notorious for headspace problems, so use caution and check for pressure signs and incipient case separation.
    this is one of my .303's a longbranch made in '50.
    happy trails.
    jh

My 303 was one of the few that after test firing at the factory in Australia, it was place in an armory but never got issued. It is in top shape and I have check the head space. Thanks for the concern.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

You think the Woodleigh 215 grain RN would work for deep penetration on those big hogs?

http://www.woodleighbullets.com.au/
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

You know Nitroman, I am not sure I like you!!! I forgot all about this bullet and I remember some hunters that I respect saying they would not use any other bullet but this 215 Woodleigh RN. I can move it between 2100-2200 with my 25" barrel. WOW!!! I overlooked the one all around bullet for big game with the 303 and the Woodleigh is designed to open up at 303 velocities. Thanks for getting me to consider this bullet and remembering what my friends said. H4895 would really work good with this bullet along with IMR4320 and H380 and Accurate 2495.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS