Thread: First trail cam pic of the year! 1 black - 1 brown

Default First trail cam pic of the year! 1 black - 1 brown

#1 My wife’s Scotty! LOL Made sure it was working good before we went out! He’s about a 2 ft boar!!!

#2 Bad ass squirrel that would not leave! I would guess him to be 10".
    Attached Images Attached Images

How long will your camera run before it dies? This is my first year with one it's a wild game innovations set to take photos every 30 sec. It runs off 8 AAs. I know you said you won't go back out for a while does your camera have enough juice to last until you get out to hunt it? I'm planning on going back first week in may to check my stand

I use a Cuddy that takes D cell Batts. About 3-4 weeks in these temps depending on how many pics and warm it easy . Once May gets here they will last for a couple of months. My buddy has one of the small Bushnell bersion that runs off AA's and for some reason his last longer than mine.

Until you've got sure-'nuff bears on camera, set your camera to go off at 15 to 30 minute interval to conserve batteries for the first non-productive part of the season. I've got a Cuddeback IR and it will last 6 weeks for sure.

Taylor

Wilder - that is as mean as falsely posting the Draw Results are out!

Normal people believe that if something ain't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.

Scott Adams