Thread: How Do You Sell A "Bush Home"?

Default How Do You Sell A "Bush Home"?

My husband and I were thinking about selling one of our properties out in rural Alaska. The thing is, we have no idea where to start. I don't necessarily want to use a realestate company, being so far away from them and all. I would rather go the online route, and just work directly with people who are looking for something that we're offering. Are there any websites to sell rural property on? Or how would you go about selling rural property without the internet, considering out in this small village we obviously don't have the masses like Anchorage to advertise to? Any help on the how-to's on advertising bush property or tips from people who have went through this entire ordeal in the past would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

You can start right here by listing it in the classifieds of this website. The next step is Alaskaslist and then Craigslist. I would advise that I would only take 100% cash up front. If you must owner finance take a LARGE down payment. The escrow dept. at National Bank of Alaska really knows how to do these things. I have a friend that sold his rural property 4 times before finally getting someone that paid the whole thing off. At first he was pissed, but after collecting 10's of thousands of dollars for his troubles from the first 4 buyers in the form of big down payments and whatever payments they made, the cost of the foreclosures wasn't that bad.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Roughly where is the property, Just roughly...........?

Roughly? Why any secrets? Where is the property? Might as well start here with some advertising.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

No doubt. Probably could have had a hit by now if the location had been listed originally
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

www.forsalebyowner.com when we were looking for a home this is where we went first off, not rural but here in Alaska. I did sell our rural home but we had lived there for 30+ years before moving to the big village so that helped.

Do you know anyone in the area?

George

The property is located in a really small village near St. Mary's along the Yukon River. We're not sure if we want to sell yet, but for advertising on this site, how do I go about doing so? And is there a percentage fee involved?

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    You can start right here by listing it in the classifieds of this website. The next step is Alaskaslist and then Craigslist. I would advise that I would only take 100% cash up front. If you must owner finance take a LARGE down payment. The escrow dept. at National Bank of Alaska really knows how to do these things. I have a friend that sold his rural property 4 times before finally getting someone that paid the whole thing off. At first he was pissed, but after collecting 10's of thousands of dollars for his troubles from the first 4 buyers in the form of big down payments and whatever payments they made, the cost of the foreclosures wasn't that bad.
    Thank you so so much for that imput. We were wondering whether or not to just take 100% up front. That's the route we were headed, but we weren't sure if there were buyers out there who were able to pay cash up front. Especially considering the current economy.

The problem with most people that can't pay cash up front or get conventional financing is they are big on dreams, but short on cash, and they can seldom turn their dreams into cash to come up with payments down the road.

When we were looking we went to Alaska Remote Properties alot.

Robert Fox Realty in Fairbanks has remote property listings all over the state.

how about some detail and pictures of the place?
    Semper Fi and God Bless