Thread: Spring Bear Shoot, April 30 and May 1, Menard Sports Complex in Wasilla

Default Spring Bear Shoot, April 30 and May 1, Menard Sports Complex in Wasilla

Mark your calenders and plan on making the Spring Bear Shoot April 30 and May 1. you dont have to shoot both days, it is a fun shoot and has some very long shots. If you are shooting for fun and feel uncomfortable shooting beyond 60 yards you dont HAVE to shoot the longer ones if you choose not to (you will have to take a zero on the score-card though) but if you're brave, launch the arrows at them...there is usually someone there with a metal detector and find some of the lost arrows.

This is what I like to call a "Safari" style shoot. It is a warm up for the NFAA Marked 3D National Championship in Redding CA. "Trail Shoot" (we have had Alaskan champions there!!!) usually a group of about 20 to 30 Alaskans annually attend the the Redding NFAA/Trail Shoot.

it is about 70 targets (if we can accomadate them all) two arrows per target, 40 targets day on, and 30 targets day two, marked yardage, orange dots/spots to aim at. It isnt really a 3D shoot. more of a spot shoot on 3D animals. A great opportunity to make sure you, and your gear is ON!!!

All NFAA rules apply, 300 fps +/- 3% varience, speed limit

youth stakes for closer shots. A good brief of the geneal rules will be given before the shoot starts on sat. and questions can be asked at the beginning of the shoot as well.

more details to come...I dont have all the info, there are usually prizes to be raffled off, and usually lunch available for purchase.

Anyone with more info please post up, i think Bear Paw Archery is hosting this shoot, and they will be a good source of info.

hopfully we will see you there. Harry

You should see Justin and I there. Just got in from sighting in bows a little while ago. Unfortunately the mud and melting snow is messing things up for us but should be better in a couple days.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    You should see Justin and I there. Just got in from sighting in bows a little while ago. Unfortunately the mud and melting snow is messing things up for us but should be better in a couple days.
    I just shot a round on the field course for the first time this year. The snow is still 3' deep in places. getting ready for Spring Bear should be fun, lol!

this weekend....be there!!

Will they have a range set up to sight bows in I'm only able to get 60yds here and would be nice to verify that. Also can my wife tag along and watch she isn't shooting. As of now it looks like swampdonkey and I will be shooting together.

John

We had a blast. Thanks 323 for meeting with me and shooting together. It was nice to put a face to the name and meet your family. Very cool! I told ya there'd be some s***talking and fun to be had.
    The shoot went great. The weather was great. The course was WAYYYY different than ever before and most thought it was a good one. I agree. Lots of tight spots, wide open spots, and lots of walking through the woods on game trails, literally. Can't wait to do it again.

Thanks for the invite as stated great time great weather for those of you that didn't show up you missed out. Also it was probably one of the cheaper shoots in Alaska only cost me 25 bucks cause I shot non-competive. that course gave you a good idea how you would shoot out to 60-88-101 yds again great time we need more of these shoots in Alaska!