Thread: Feeding issue question...for guides

Default Feeding issue question...for guides

I was just reading the thread on the .325wsm.
    Brwnbr mentioned he had two .300wsm's fail to feed in a row. This actually got me to thinking about how many failure to feed issues are "client" related?
    How many of the guy's and gal's you trek through the bush on hunts can't or don't know seem comfortable with their weapons, or have intimate knowledge of them?
    No real reason other than just curious....

ciao y'all....

reuben....

most are fine with their guns, i've had a few guys that were so excited they had trouble dropping a round in to top off the load, a few others who couldn't get the bolt open they were to excited to see the saftey was on. but for the most part they are really good with their guns, most guys don't drop several thousand dollars and no know what their doing.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

I can see them short sliding the bolt, when they get excited, obviously causes feed issues.

Default I agree with MTcop71

I have seen guys (Short stroke) the bolt numerous times in thier excitment to fire a follow up shot. This will cause a jam everytime. I'm no guide, but I did work with them while at Fort Hood doing Whitetail hunts. This was a common problem. Sometimes they looked like they were wrestling with the rifle, and would swing it around wildly.

Steve