Thread: Wooly Classic referb

Default Wooly Classic referb

I recently purchased the older classic I had inquired about on here. I decided to redo the interrior and Remove all the paint. The inside is is completely out at the moment and about 1/2 the paint is gone I will post some pics ASAP. My plan is to do bed liner for the floors, marine carpet on the sides and do a brushed aluminum look on the exterior, since the roughed it up prior to the primer coat that was applied.
    If anyone has any suggestion please throw them out there.062 (2).jpg

Depending on how you will use the boat, I might advise against the marine carpet in the interior, especially in the aft secion of the boat. My old jetboat had lots of carpet, and it was always a probelm to clean up after dragging fish in the boat.
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    www.seawolfmarine.com
    Fully Loaded

I thought about it, but the way the boat is set up the cabin/seating area or whatever you wanna call it ends at the back of the canvas the rest is raised all the way across. I am planning on having railings raised to about waist level back I saw another classic set up that way and really liked it.

I wuld not apply bed liner to a boat. Ever.

I semi like the felt side pod covering on the inside of my Wooly. It is better than cold aluminum at least. I would not put carpet on the floor in Alaska.

Go look at a couple new boats and see what they are running. Light and durable is key.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    Bill Hicks

I am coating the new plywood with the bed liner, and the carpet is for the sidewalls thats what I thought the new ones come with?

Quote Originally Posted by jrogers View Post
    Depending on how you will use the boat, I might advise against the marine carpet in the interior, especially in the aft secion of the boat. My old jetboat had lots of carpet, and it was always a probelm to clean up after dragging fish in the boat.
    Amen.../John

So what would be recommended for the sides of the boat?

I had my 3/4" CDX plywood sprayed on 1 side and edges with bedliner and love it. Its lightweight, non slip, quiet and soaks up the suns heat. I just polished up the aluminum sides and left them uncovered.

2011-03-07 16.33.16.jpg
    This is the interrior prior to tear out. Any ideas on the fuel tanks, anything to do differnt with them?

So, all the paint is off about 1/2 the primer. Floors should be cut and coated tomorrow, canvas is repared and reenforced by tent and tarp, those guys are always awsome. My bench seat should be at the boat shop within a week or so. Are there and suggestions out there on a heater, the one in it is pretty rusted and not hooked up. And any ideas on the back deck?

Quote Originally Posted by JCon View Post
    2011-03-07 16.33.16.jpg
    This is the interrior prior to tear out. Any ideas on the fuel tanks, anything to do differnt with them?
    Wooldridge uses some low nap felt like carpet now that is very easy to clean and my labs hair comes right off with a garden hose treatment. They use a dark grey and you could do the sides with it. A good idea would be to make a plywood door and cover it with the carpet. Use this to cover up the under dash area in front of where the heater is now. Hinge it so it folds out towards the floor this will quiet the boat down and give you more storage space as well.
    The new boats have the heater in the same place and the hoses will have to run under the floor back to the engine they may be in a 3-4 inch pvc tube, so if you have the floors up now good idea the put in a new heater at this time.
    Give Wooldridge a call they could give you the brand name of the heater they are using now.

On the fuel tanks we had them weld on a side storage area out towards the center to make the tank seats wider and this gave us more room for gear to be stowed. Good luck

Awsome idea for putting the door in for storage, still not sure about the tanks since I already have large bench seat in the rear. If you look at the pic of the boat, where the canvas stops there is a welded in wall seperating the engine compartment and 2 large storage areas. My bench seat is against that wall and the entire aft section is flat with 3 access doors on in the middle for the engine and one on each side for storage. Any thoughts on 12volt heaters?