Thread: North to Alaska Show

Default North to Alaska Show

Did anyone see the show he just did where he went dip netting on the Chitna? Just wondering what is everyones thoughts of him doing a show on subsistance fishing. Along with him per taking in it? I know he is a resident along with Audrey
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

just like anchorage doing teir II
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Seen it. Don't have a problem with it. When you are talking about having the right to, or not having the right to subsistence is always going to cause an agrument. I have dip netted 3 times in my life, and I did not care for it. I would rather get my rod out and beat the water. People in Anchorage subsistence fish and hunt all the time. Does it make it right? Should it only be allowed to those people who live outside of Anchorage? Or only the people who live in a bush community? I do not have the answers. The regulations are the regulations, and they allow it. Therefore I do not have a problem with Larry Csonka or anyone else taking advantage of subsistence as long as the meat does not go to waste. Who knows maybe they donated some of the fish to the rescue mission. The rescue mission is always looking for meat or fish.

I thought was good. At first I was like what is he doing dip netting then I got over it. I enjoyed the show. Man I wish I could net some slamon like that
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Haven't seen it but would like to. Personally I like when what is unique about Alaska is shared with folks outside, and dipnetting would certainly fall under that criteria.

I don't see how one's location makes subsistance ok or not. Can't really see how socia-economics fall into it either per se.

Have dipnetted for many years and it is a big part of our summer. The whole family is out there and takes part in taking care of the catch, my daughter loves wading into the Kenai to clean fish.

So long as the fish is eaten by those catching them, I want to see the fishery continue. I can see no better way to keep folks in a proper understanding that fish is food.

Default N to AK

I just moved and we do not have GCI so I went with ACS Dish Network which means no North to Alaska (Versus Network not available with ACS). That would have been a good one to watch.

I did not see the show. Larry Czonka ....North to Alaska ...what a joke!

TSS
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Default what's the difference

if it's csonka, ...or me, ...or another resident.?

i guess i don't get it.