Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Facebook "Like" link driving me nuts!!!!!

Default Facebook "Like" link driving me nuts!!!!!

Is anyone else having this problem. With this new "Be the first to "like" this for Facebook" link at the top of every thread page, it makes my entire page shake up and down. Driving me crazy. I can't stand to read anything with the page shaking like this.

I have a Mac, don't know if it is a problem with other computers as well.

Any way to solve this?

No problem here.

Get a real computer(?).

No problem here either. In fact, I didn't even know about the Facebook like link until you mentioned it. I have taught myself to totally ignore anything that looks like a Facebook logo. Facebook free and loving it
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

I have everything Facebook on "ignore". Life is simpler.

Thank God I'm not the only one! I thought it was just me. Shakes up and down for a good 30 seconds before stopping.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,
    Teach a man to fish and he'll also learn to drink, lie, and avoid the honey do list.

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    No problem here either. In fact, I didn't even know about the Facebook like link until you mentioned it. I have taught myself to totally ignore anything that looks like a Facebook logo. Facebook free and loving it

I use FB all the time, another great venue to get the message out about the show, and to post updates. Just don't let it control you. With 3,169 post here I'm sure you need that extra time anyway
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

Not sure what might be causing this. I'm also on a Mac, and while I certainly see that link at the top, it doesn't make anything shake.

I'm on a pc, so that's not the common link. I noticed it just this last week on my work computer. I was going to ask our IT guy about it but figured the less people that new I was screwing off at work the better!
    Teach a man to fish and he'll also learn to drink, lie, and avoid the honey do list.

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post

I don't know how I'd ignore a link. It shows up on every post. P.I.T.A.!

So what makes you guys think that it's the facebook link? That has been there for quite a while. When did this start?

On mine the "like" link flashes/flickers like it's trying to occupy a space that's the wrong size and because of that everything on the same page below it shifts down but then pops back up. After the page has completed loading it stops (about 30 seconds). Before it stops if I click somewhere near the "like" button it also stops.
    On mine it started just after I logged on at work and changed some profile settings. From my iPhone where I do most my surfing it's never been an issue.

I have too many issues with folks here so I won't do it, sorry brian but those who like to argue with me has done that. I am sure some of my 800 friends on facebook might like to come here and but heads but I won't do it
    Visions Steel/841-WELD(9353)
    "Rebellion is in my blood, I was born an American"
    Μολών λαβέ

With 3,169 post here I'm sure you need that extra time anyway
    Yep. Lots of posts here...but then again I don't have to read through pages of senseless drivel to get to the meat of a subject like when using a forum like this. The format of Facebook is what gets me. I can't stand the "randomness" of it. I like topics and some sense of order that a forum brings.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Quote Originally Posted by ironartist View Post
    I have too many issues with folks here so I won't do it, sorry brian but those who like to argue with me has done that. I am sure some of my 800 friends on facebook might like to come here and but heads but I won't do it
    I'm not suggesting you use the facebook feature. Heck, I don't even use it myself. I was just wondering how folks figured that was the source of the problem, and that seems reasonably clear now. Alas, this is above my level of expertise, but we've called in the big guns, so hopefully we'll figure out the nature of the problem soon.

Potential Hijack in progress, but is anyone else getting logged out randomly? Sometimes when I change forums or hit the "new posts" it logs me out.
    "What is it about a beautiful sunny afternoon, with the birds singing and the wind rustling through the leaves, that makes you want to get drunk? --Jack Handy

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Man View Post
    Potential Hijack in progress, but is anyone else getting logged out randomly? Sometimes when I change forums or hit the "new posts" it logs me out.
    What browser are you using? In your preferences, do you have it selected to allow cookies from this site, and do you check the "remember me" box when logging in? Perhaps my thinking is overly simple, but those issues are often the cause of log-out problems.

my facebook link on here is spinning around in circles and flashing also! its gonna give me a stroke!
    Semper Fi!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    What browser are you using? In your preferences, do you have it selected to allow cookies from this site, and do you check the "remember me" box when logging in? Perhaps my thinking is overly simple, but those issues are often the cause of log-out problems.
    Using IE8.0, Cookies are allowed and I checked the remember me box. It just started happening a week or so ago. I didn't know if anyone else was having the same problem or if one of my automatic updates "fixed" some problem I WASN"T having. lol
    "What is it about a beautiful sunny afternoon, with the birds singing and the wind rustling through the leaves, that makes you want to get drunk? --Jack Handy

I was checking out new camp stoves over at the sportsmanship guide today. They have the link also so you can "like" items. I had the same problem there. So it's not just a AOD issue.

Ok, Got it figured out. I was running an outdated version of google chrome. Ran the update and no more problem!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast