Thread: Where to get Sharkhide in Fairbanks

Default Where to get Sharkhide in Fairbanks

I cant seem to find this stuff anywhere. Most places I have contacted wont ship it to Alaska either. Any recommendations? Also, is this stuff really worth the hastle???

Give Greer Tank a call here in Fairbanks. If they don't have it, they may have some at their Anchorage location.

I used it on the bare aluminum on my boat (the lower portion of the hull) and have been happy with the way it keeps the Chena river tea color off the boat when I park behind the house for a week or so. My buddy shined up the rails on his boat last year and he was skeptical about the Sharkhide. I applied a little to a section of the rails and we took a look about 6 weeks later. The untreated rail was getting dull and oxidized, the Sharkhide section looked like it had just been polished. He's looking at buying some this spring.

I looked hard last year and the only place I could find it was in Anchorage at the arctic cat dealer.

PM , www.sharkhide.com and ask them if they have a dealer in AK.

Quote Originally Posted by f0zzy2 View Post
    I looked hard last year and the only place I could find it was in Anchorage at the arctic cat dealer.
    So, the big question is, was it worth it? I dont make it a big habit of bouncing my boat off trees or anything, but I do run the rivers as well as the occasional salt. Is this stuff going to come off the first time it rubs on my bunks when loading, rubs up against a tree when Im parked at the bear bait? Maybe Im expecting to much but I really dont want to pay $150 for something and have it last a few weeks then look like crap especially if I have to jump through hoops to get it. If its going to last I dont mind going the extra mile though.

I was late getting my boat polished last year and just wanted to get my bear bait in. So I ended up not even using it. I am ahead of the game this year (got my daughter polishing) and am going to put it on when I get home at the end of the week. From all the research I did its supposed to react on a molecular level with the aluminum so it shouldn’t wear off. The salt water guys really like it from what I have read. It’s supposed to last for 2-3 years. Sorry I cant give you any real data to go by.

Well I finished polishing and applied the second coat of shark hide today. It feels between a laquar and a solvent. Seems like pretty hard stuff, I couldn't scratch it off with my I'll keep you posted.