Thread: Shrimping...test run.

Default Shrimping...test run.

I survived the test run!!!!

A little gustier and windier than I like but beautiful day for the most part. Felt like I paddled 5 miles but was really just holding my position.

Got out on the water late in the afternoon. Dropped two pots at 350ft and 300ft. Had time to test out the gear so I pulled one pot after 90 minute soak. 4 shrimp. 2 small spots and 2 coonstripes. re-dropped at 425 ft.

Definitely some adjustments are required. Didn't feel unsafe at all despite the chop on the water.

I think the system works fine. This body however does not. I am out of shape after this winter!!!!

We will see how they do with a little longer soak tomorrow if the weather cooperates.

Between the Willapa Rivers, United States

Default Glad You Made It

Well Done Rudy,
    Glad to hear you survived the initial run and got a few of them shrimps.The water looks fairly calm out there but I know it's lot different when your actually out there.Good to hear that you got er done.5 miles should have put you just east of Shotgun Cove,that's a pretty good paddle in a short boat.Of course you can be in 350-400' what ,about 100 yards offshore ?
    Enjoy those shrimp,sounds like you earned em,big time
    I'll be hitting the Kasilof on the in-coming tide today.Looking for an early king in tide water.Have to use artificials for now,but there may be an early bird or 2 that still has the urge to bite something.Tuesday ,Thursday,and Saturday can keep hatchery/clipped or native fish.Heck,I just want to feel the tug.That is definately my drug.Will post pics tonite......

Sweet! Glad that it worked out good for you.

A longer soak will increase your yeild substantially I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullelkklr View Post
    Sweet! Glad that it worked out good for you.

A longer soak will increase your yeild substantially I think.
    Thanks. System seemed to work great! I am putting a video together but that's a Sunday project.

Shrimp pots are from Steve the potbuilder. They worked great! thanks Steve!!!!
    Here are some pics:

alexapink27

hello,cool forum.

check this siteM5071A

Looking good Rudy. Thanks for sharing!