Thread: Whittier Parking a bit tight close in

Default Whittier Parking a bit tight close in

Took the kayak today. As I was paying, the harbormaster office was trying to explain the parking situation. As it turns out, there isn't much space on the east dock. They are moving the overflow to the usually paid private campground. the one right after the railroad tracks if you turn at the first right as you enter whittier. They were saying you pay the harbor master in their normal envelopes to park there. Terrible pics but what you see is about all the boats you can get on the east dock from what i could see.

Here's the overflow parking. I guess the city sent heavy equipment over to clear it out the best they could. Didn't look too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kardinal_84 View Post
    They were saying you pay the harbor master in their normal envelopes to park there.
    Let me clarify. Pay using the harbor master's envelope. That's what I am pretty sure they were saying.

Must be too cold to stand out there for too few dollars (too early). So they get government to collect for them. After government plows for them.

Any problems at the docks this past weekend? What were the lines like for launch and recovery?
    "What is it about a beautiful sunny afternoon, with the birds singing and the wind rustling through the leaves, that makes you want to get drunk? --Jack Handy

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Man View Post
    Any problems at the docks this past weekend? What were the lines like for launch and recovery?
    Launch was very smooth saturday (was first in the water)...nobody monitoring but all seemed to know what they were doing...sure was nice! My buddy had to walk back and forth from the harbormaster`s office a couple times to finally get an envelope but we eventually left 45 minutes late. As it stands the town is a wreck and probably won`t bet better for a while. I recommend showing up early and leaving late for best results.

Heavy Hitter Fishing
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Heavy...54441957966186

Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro-Staff

Quote Originally Posted by AK2AZ View Post
    As it stands the town is a wreck and probably won`t bet better for a while.
    Is this an overall assessment of the town or are you talking only about the construction!??

Quote Originally Posted by skydiver View Post
    Is this an overall assessment of the town or are you talking only about the construction!??

Maaaaaaaybe a little of both.

Heavy Hitter Fishing
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Heavy...54441957966186

Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro-Staff