Thread: PWS Deer Hunting

Default PWS Deer Hunting

Im going to be going on another deer hunt this year in Prince William Sound and am looking for some insight and information. I have hunted hinchinbrook a couple years and have a good success and hunted glacier last year and had a little success but i was wondering if anyone had any ideas on the best island to hunt deer in PWS? i was told that Knight Island has the largest concentration of deer, has anyone had any good success on Knight? But what would you all suggest on a place to go? i will be leaving out of valdez

Quote Originally Posted by AkVDZHunter View Post
    Im going to be going on another deer hunt this year in Prince William Sound and am looking for some insight and information. I have hunted hinchinbrook a couple years and have a good success and hunted glacier last year and had a little success but i was wondering if anyone had any ideas on the best island to hunt deer in PWS? i was told that Knight Island has the largest concentration of deer, has anyone had any good success on Knight? But what would you all suggest on a place to go? i will be leaving out of valdez
    Trick with those islands is waiting long enough for the snow to push them down, and still be able get to and back from the islands in bad WX. Have not hunted Knight in a zillion years, but last few years the others have been typical average success.
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

Yeah thats true but i forgot to mention i will be hunting the weekend after opening day August 4th through the 7th

Go to the top of the mountain that early in the year. You need to get out of the lowlands where the bugs are heck on the critters.
    BK