Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone know what going on?

Default Does anyone know what going on?

Why is he selling just the hull?

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/boa/2292044135.html

I think they purchase the hulls from the lower 48 and finish them to order up here.
    We never really grow up, we only learn
    how to act in public

Are you serious????

Quote Originally Posted by Doug from Anchorage View Post
    I think they purchase the hulls from the lower 48 and finish them to order up here.

Quote Originally Posted by elim View Post
    Are you serious????

He used to get the hulls from Armstrong Marine. Notice the similarities between an Armstrong mono hull and a GC? He also had them build a small hand full a couple years ago.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

because the owner wants out of the contract for personal reasons

I think I would rather go straight to Armstrong and save the reach around...

Quote Originally Posted by spoiled one View Post
    He used to get the hulls from Armstrong Marine. Notice the similarities between an Armstrong mono hull and a GC? He also had them build a small hand full a couple years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by elim View Post
    I think I would rather go straight to Armstrong and save the reach around...
    Yup, your happy ending would be a completed boat.

Quote Originally Posted by overtime View Post
    because the owner wants out of the contract for personal reasons
    Could the personal reason be he did not think he would ever get a boat because of the time that has elapsed between the signing of the contract and now - which is measured in years and years?

Quote Originally Posted by Shark Bait View Post
    Could the personal reason be he did not think he would ever get a boat because of the time that has elapsed between the signing of the contract and now - which is measured in years and years?
    Somebody has done their research.

What they are not finished as per the contract timeline?

With only a couple of exceptions in the distant past GC WON"T allow a completition date to be put in his contracts! Give me money, I will build you a boat, you will get it someday.

With only a couple of exceptions in the distant past GC WON"T allow a completition date to be put in his contracts! Give me money, I will build you a boat, you will get it someday.
    Yeah, that's about it....
    I can just hear/feel the next question coming which will have this thread "cleaned up" or "locked up".....

That individual can NOT even comit to that Give me money, I will build you a boat, you will get it someday ! That same individual somehow managed to get the owner at Armstrong to construct the last 4 hulls & had them shipped to Anch. I've heard rumors that the owner at Armstrong is still trying to obtain monies for those.. not good IMO...

Honestly, the person that shall not be named, really has no business being on this subforum. He is not part of the owner group and in my opinion is not welcome here. We set this up so that GC owners could trouble shoot problems and bounce ideas off one another. We welcome the ideas of others with the exception of the person that shall not be named. That being said, if anybody bad mouths him, he will whine and complain to the forum management and threads will most likely be locked. Let's try to keep this on track. Spring is here!

Where's that "popcorn eating icon" that represents enjoying the show?
    "He who should not be named" - sounds like a Harry Potter movie. Gotta love it

spoiled one... your right. Please everyone keep this on track. I read this forum hoping I get a chance to use all of this wonderful info you all have provided. (this summer maybe?) More importantly, if you already have your boats there is no more reason to complain. Leave the people involved to deal with it. We can vent later on. Even more important to those people who are still waiting, is bad news spreads faster than good, so the more that the business is put down the less chance it has to survive. My point is, without hard feelings to any side of this, is that I don't want to see the business go under even if it hurts. I'm jealous of all the owners and hope I get to join some of you on the water this year. Now lets complain about the fuel prices or something.

Overtime, how about posting some build pics? How big and what power?

Yes, Carry on! All will be well eventually. I will post pics in a few days

Rutting Moose,
    The hull is a boat that the original owner decided not to finish for personal reasons. This hull and every hull we have built in the last 10 years has been built onsite for the exception of four hulls we contracted Armstrong Marine to build with our designs. Unfortunately Armstrong did such a poor job on the construction we ended up having to redo allot of the work to meet our standards. This proved to be not cost effective to try to contract out our design to another company, even a company that builds a similar looking hull. Trust me when I say looks and actual construction are far from the same. We will never again contract out our design ever again.

Default Our hull

GC, my email must not be working. Is our 26' Coho hull, originally scheduled for last March started yet? Waiting patiently for a reply...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast