Thread: Need a Recommendation for an Outiftter for a Duck Hunting Trip

Default Need a Recommendation for an Outiftter for a Duck Hunting Trip

Hello. I am planning on making a trip to Alaska in the fall of 2011 and am looking for a receomendation of a good outfitter for waterfowl hunting. Mainly duck hnting, but would be interested in adding fishing or other hunting opportunities to the trip if the outfitter could deliver.

Anybody have a good receomendation?

Thank you in advance.

Hoosier716

what kind of ducks?
    I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
    but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

You gotta be more specific, when are you coming up, where will you be, you after puddle ducks, or sea ducks?
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

Trip is definiteley planned for Sept. Right now we are looking at SE Alaska but I am not limiting myself to that area.

Our main priority is to find a quality outfitter that is honest and works hard to put us in the position to get as many opportunities as possible. Species of ducks is not as important as the experience. Sea ducks would be fun but probably needs to be on another trip for another day.

Thanks for any help you can give.

I don't think the season in the SE opens until October 8th. I would look up Tim Boushard for a hunt. Also, September is too early for quality sea duckhunting. I think Tim is still hunting the Minto Flats area in September. Google him and he will hook you up or get you in touch with someone that will suit your needs.

Quote Originally Posted by yukon View Post
    I don't think the season in the SE opens until October 8th. I would look up Tim Boushard for a hunt. Also, September is too early for quality sea duckhunting. I think Tim is still hunting the Minto Flats area in September. Google him and he will hook you up or get you in touch with someone that will suit your needs.
    SE opens Sept 15th.

No clue on guides, but if you can get to the Stikine Flats, you'll have an awesome trip.
    Nice Marmot.

thanks for the clarifications, I think it is Kodiak that opens in October.

I fudged it up too...oops Ducks are open from the 16th of Sept to Dec 31st in SE.
    Nice Marmot.

Buck Brown, Seldovia Hunting Charters November and December hunts for sea ducks and divers
    Excellent hunting and lodging in my opinion. Duckdon

PM me for the contact information for Mike Shaw on Admiralty Island, He is a registered guide, I went duck hunting with him and had a great hunt, sea ducks, mallards, golden eyes. merganzers, and geese are available. I got most of them mounted for a full wall of Alaska ducks.

Hi, if you havenít booked a trip yet I have a couple great suggestions for you. Check out http://www.fourflywaysoutfitters.com/contact.html for a trip to Cold Bay Alaska great for Brandt, Geese, puddle ducks and sea ducks, also great fishing off the dock for salmon, char and cod. The season here starts mid- September. Also check out http://www.alaskaneideroutfitters.com/ for an amazing and extreme hunt of King Eiders and other sea ducks, although the season here starts in September, the outfitters donít guide until late December because the hunting doesnít get good until then. You will find the guides at both places professional, ethical, experienced and very talented.
    Good luck and have a great trip!

You need to call Captain Charlie Summerville, he can put together the trip of a lifetime! Google Alaska Trophy Adventures for contact info.
    All of the above species of ducks and more are are a real possibility on his hunts as well as King Eider, Pacific Eider, Eurasian Widgeon, Aleutian Teal and Pacific Black Brant for eg. And when it comes to Eiders and some of the more exotic Alaskan duck species he's the guy that started opening up some of Alaskas most difficult to reach hunting destinations for duck hunters.............................He's the man that started the "Extreme" duck and Goose hunts up here. Great guy and nobody will work harder for you!

Thank you for the Kudos, Grizzly 1 As for the new member AleutianKings nice play on Words , somebody should check his isp as he is already a member signed up under a differant name, How many logins do you need to try to stir things up.

Buck Brown runs a great hunt and reasonable, have sent many hunters to him.