Thread: Who has been on the water????

Default Who has been on the water????

There is a thread on the power boat forum about open water on the kink and matanuska. Any of you guys been on it, they said there was some airboat traffic there. Any other rivers getting open yet? Bud

Unfortunately it wasn't me....my boat has not arrived yet....maybe another week or two from the looks of things.
    When it arrives, I will be out burning some gas ASAP.
    BK

The traffic I saw launched at the Glen hwy bridge onto the ice...

Matanuska would be a very nice run right now with an airboat, easy launching and retrieval too for you fan boys
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

did anybody go for a ride with Stan Floyd in the Camo American Airboat when he was in town? ( TJM) are there going to be any airboats at your ride up the bid su ?

I went out for a short run this morning. Left off the ice at the old Knik bridge and went up to Jim Creek and up it a bit. Having some sort of wiring problem with my fuel pump I need to trace out. It quit on me twice so I ended up hot wiring it direct to the batter for the trip back, made it a short trip, not enough traffic out there to be running around alone on a weekday. Lots of ice floating down the river, and lots of areas of thick ice just sitting there, on Jim Creek was only a little bit along the edges, but had to run on ice, gravel and real skinny water to get to Jim Creek. I bet you could make it to the glacier without to much problem. just a lot of variety between ice and water and gravel, I avoided the mud.

I spoke with Stan several times and he was heading to Fbk for the show there. Encouraged him to come back towards the end of May for some Salmon on the Deshka. Mighty nice boat he has, didn't realize it was built as his personal boat and he plans to leave it here and spend a lot of the summers running around in Alaska. Sounds like a nice "semi-retirement" to me. And he is a real nice guy. Bud

Big Su has a few more weeks ,Got my boat ready to run for tourist season until it is sold,Then it's Ocean,Ocean,Ocean if there are any boats still for sell that is
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!