Thread: Willie's Predator

Default Willie's Predator

Any opinions on a Willies Predator?

They now offer the Predator with a tunnel hull, 5 bottom and up to 76" wide.

I really like that a 3/16 bottom is standard. These boats are built to run whitewater and look like they would be more than capable on any Alaska river.
    "I'd rather be fishing!"

I think Fozzy loves the heck out of his...what motor are you thinking about putting on it?
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

http://www.willieboats.com/predator.htm

Probably a 150 Evinrude ETEC, or an inboard 200 SportJet. From what I've seen the quality on these boats is second to none and they only sell factory direct so the price is not bad at all. I've also been looking on some of the boat trader sites and there are a ton of quality used boats around Oregon that would make a drive worthwhile. I've seen some of the Willies around Kenai, but never any here in the interior.

man that's a nice looking boat...I'm sure Fozzy will chime in here eventually...
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

yes they are great boats, I am really enjoying mine.
    if you are serious about getting brand new talk with Dave down at Peninsula Park and Sell (soldotna). I bought mine through him and got an even better price than straight from the factory. not sure if he is still a dealer or not, but he had the best price.
    just wish I had more time to spend on the river...maybe when I'm older.
    you should join the club.

Attachment 47832

Hello Grayling Slayer, I have an 2008 predator with the 200 opti inboard that i'm very happy with. I will say there on the heavy side but i would rather have an over built boat than one that will crack or pop welds. Your more than welcome to come and check it out I live in Fairbank out past Ester. I wont be home untill next Thursday but shoot me a PM and we can set somthing up.