Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: Quiz time

  1. #1
    Member Yukoner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Whitehorse Yukon
    Posts
    1,340

    Default Quiz time

    So what just happened in this picture?
    BTW, I'm up on the ridge beam, and Its my brother down below.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Never wrestle with a pig.
    you both get dirty;
    the Pig likes it.

  2. #2
    Member Rock_skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Deltajct
    Posts
    2,499

    Default

    Looks like he was feeding you the rafter and you droped the ball, lol.

  3. #3

    Default

    Dropped a hammer on your brother?

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Juneau
    Posts
    1,098

    Default

    A) you dropped the rafter on his head.
    B) He didn't see the top log that stick out an extra 3 ft and knocked his head.
    C) He dropped the rafter on his own head.

    The options are endless.
    I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

  5. #5
    Member Frostbitten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!
    Posts
    3,279

    Default

    a. He's studying a really cool looking bug on the ground
    b. He's embarrased because he saw the calendar with the scantilly clad girls hanging on the inside wall
    c. He's contemplating never to do tequilla shooters with his brother ever again.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    950

    Default

    Lost a contact lens.

  7. #7
    Member dkwarthog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Mat-Su
    Posts
    2,150

    Default

    I'm going with....hit his head on that cantilevered log while feeding you the rafter...

    I hope you kindly reminded him to "watch out so you dont bump your head!!" after he did that.

    My dad was awesome at reminding me not to do things that I'd just done...

  8. #8

    Default

    Auditioning for an Abbott & Costello movie?
    Chuck

  9. #9

    Default

    Why would anyone put that godawful color of stain on natural logs?
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  10. #10
    Member Dirtofak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Beaver Creek
    Posts
    2,267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    Why would anyone put that godawful color of stain on natural logs?
    You might as well shoot the entire place with bedliner.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    Bill Hicks

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtofak View Post
    You might as well shoot the entire place with bedliner.
    Hell Yeah...the last place I saw colored like that was in Mt. View...on a quanset hut.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  12. #12
    Member Dirtofak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Beaver Creek
    Posts
    2,267

    Default

    walnut shells and a sandblaster would fix it right up!
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    Bill Hicks

  13. #13
    Member emartens123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Northern BC
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Well those logs sure might be an ugly colour,but the setting sure is NICE.


    Taking reservations Yukoner

    Eric

  14. #14
    Member junkak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    727

    Default

    He is about to assume the position and pay respects to Mecca.

    The ground came up and hit him in the face.

    He is performing an ancient chinese method of precision board cutting.

    The guy on top realized if you pull the nailgun safety back with your left hand you can "free" shoot.

    Most likely he is wishing he hadn't forgotten his hardhat.

  15. #15
    Member Rock_skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Deltajct
    Posts
    2,499

    Default

    Heck with the hard hat, this is his brother, lol, ( maybe a side joke)

    I've had more accidedents with my brother than anywhere else I've worked with ( maybe thats why we don't work together anymore)

  16. #16

    Default

    Possible scenario #1. You were swingin your hammer on the ridge beam, trying to toenail the rafter from the other side. Suddenly the hammer slipped out of your hands and took out your brothers front teeth.

    Possible scenario #2. Your brother was holding the end of the rafter with both his hands. While you were trying to toenail the rafter from the other side of the ridge. Then suddenly the tip of the rafter slipped down below the ridge. The end of the rafter swung up and caught your brother in the face on the way up.

    Possible scenario #3. Your brother bonked his head on the overhanging purlin log.

    Those are my best guesses. Are you going to tell us. The suspense is killing me.

  17. #17
    Member Music Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    ANC
    Posts
    1,242

    Default

    You were standing on the ridge and slipped to the position shown in the picture and your brother is laughing his A__ off.
    When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
    '08 24' HCM Granite HD "River Dog"

  18. #18
    Member Rock_skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Deltajct
    Posts
    2,499

    Default

    One more, how much did you guys have to drink before you went back to work? lol. Was he dizzy looking up and lost it? smiles

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Wasilla AK
    Posts
    161

    Default

    there is beer in the cooler ( lower left side of by window) and hes looking for the
    opener he jus droped?

  20. #20
    Member AkKevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canton, Ohio, United States
    Posts
    119

    Default

    I think dkwarthog is on the money..
    Are we talking about goals or are we talking about dreams? AkKevin The one and only

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •