Thread: High Power Rifle Match 600yds Fort Richardson Saturday Come Shoot.

Default High Power Rifle Match 600yds Fort Richardson Saturday Come Shoot.

There will be a High Power 80 round match will be held on _*Saturday*_, April 16 on Ft Richardson at the _*Pedneau range*_. Sign up time is 8:00 AM - 8:30 AM. The match fee will be $20.00 for annual ARC members or $25.00 for one day members. Open chamber indicators will be required and will be available for $1 each. Remember, 80 rounds for record, two sighters at each position and the possibility of having to shoot an extra string. Bring enough ammo. Everyone is required to sign up in the parking lot adjacent (South side) to Pedneau Range. I have attached an Hold Harmless form that the Army is requiring everyone to sign. Please print one for yourself and bring it. You only have to sign it once for the year and the club keeps them.

The Army has tightened the rules on bringing firearms onto the base. Because Pedneau is not on the main base, we do not have to worry about them. If you go through the main gate you must register all firearms.

The Army range control has taken a firm stand on range rules. There will be no personal vehicles other than the emergency designated vehicle on the Range. So, either you have to carry your equipment or put it in the emergency vehicle.

Volunteer needed: Neither of the two people who normally haul the trailer to the range will be able to make the match. I am looking for someone to volunteer to get the trailer from Birchwood Shooting Park, bring it to Ft Richardson and take it back to Birchwood. Call or e-mail me if you can help.

Hope to see you there!

Mark Friest []
    Alaska Rifle Club

NRA Highpower rules govern see

4 stages, three postions.
    Any Centerfire Rifle to hold 5 rouds and allow rapid reload allowed, Iron sights, no muzzle break, cal 30 or less.

2 sighters at each stage, fired from any postion, 2 minutes

80 rds for record fired at 200,300 and 600 yards.

Record Course of fire:

10 rds offhand, slow fire, standing, 10 minutes 200 yds

10 rds sitting, timed fire, 60 seconds, reload required, load 2 and 8 or 5 and 5 200yds

10 rds prone, timed fire, 70 seconds, reload required, load 2 and 8 or 5 and 5 300 yds

20 rds prone, slow fire, 20 minutes 600 yds

All slow fire is single round load.

Come out and shoot!

btt tttt****

I'm not ready to shoot yet, but would love to watch. Is there anyway to do that? I could possibly help with the trailer move depending on it's size and weight.

Yep please come out an watch...bring ear protection, park in the lot and walk over to Pendeau range ...not a problem.

Pretty boring though, like paint drying, why not bring a rifle and some bullets and shoot the course? People are all nice folks and will walk you what needs to be done...Need a rifle? club has loaners. Bring a Junior shooter too!

call Mark Friest about the trailer...the match is a big logisitics event, volunteers run the club and match, so any help is sincerely appreciated. I pulled the trailer with a Ford Ranger in the past, works fine...

Big Thank you!