Thread: April 15 count down

Default April 15 count down

Anybody else putting there bait out around the 15 in the Fairbanks area? Hoping the snow has melted pretty good since I have been out a couple weeks ago. Has anybody seen any sign this early? Good luck to all.

There are always the early birds, but most of the members I've talked to all put there stuff out around the first of May or later. In most places there is too much snow on April 15 but boy it's been a real warm spring so they might be out a bit earlier than usual.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

it does seem that everybodys gathered knowledge says no need to get out before may, however Im itching so bad to start Im putting mine out on saturday regardless. Hopefully ill have some earlier hits. I did see some pictures from a guy in anchorage of 2 black bears on one of the trails near turnigan arm on april 6th and have also heard of the few grizzly and bear track sightings. With as little snow as weve had at least you have a chance and get to get outtta the house.

I was hoping to have mine out this weekend but got drill to attend. Next weekend for sure.

It definitely depends on your area. Where I bait in unit 7, I didnt start having hits until May17 last year. I brought my bait out on April 15th and was post holeing through 4 ft of snow. Ill wait until around the first weekend in May, but its trial and error you know.
    Bears are starting to pop out in Anchorage already though so it may be earlier than normal...I'll try and keep my composure. Good luck everyone.

Way too much snow where I bait to get in now short of snowmachining(dont have..) or snowshoeing in. Going to wait til first week of May, should be able to get my fourwheeler back there than and set it up.

Default 3 hours!

Im going to put up pics from last year and then compare it to the improvements I'm going to make this year. They should be night and day which will hopefully help me connect! Good luck to all and hopefully the early birds who get out this weekend have a good safe time.

I'll prolly stick some out (if I stick one out at all, I think baiting it kinda cheesy) around end of april or so.