Thread: earliest hit?units 12,13's, 20's & 25's

Default earliest hit?units 12,13's, 20's & 25's

when has you bait been hit the earliest by a black bear?
    is there a special date that you get set up?

Is this WITH or WITHOUT Bait 'em 907 products... cause there a huge gap there

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ret25yo View Post
    Is this WITH or WITHOUT Bait 'em 907 products... cause there a huge gap there
    Not sure I understand this statement??? I guess I am reading this that without 907 products, bears wont' be there? Correct me if I am wrong. People have been baiting a LONG time without 907 stuff and have been very successful. While I do like it their products and have used them, my baiting will not change one bit if I have it in the field or not. I do like the fact that you can hang it up and it keeps the smell in the area, but my baits smell so bad, that there is no issue of smell being spread around. Earliest I have seen a track is April 29th. I almost never have bait out before May 1st.

thanks for the info northway

Default SArcasm

He was saying you will get hit earlier using baitems products.

Quote Originally Posted by fishingyoda View Post
    He was saying you will get hit earlier using baitems products.
    Gotcha! I guess he is now a salesman?? JK!! All seriousness aside, I think people end up paying a lot of $$ for things that may or may not be needed. Now, I have bought 907 stuff and it is the best stuff I have seen for baiting bears along with bear scents stuff.

Default There's no reason to spend the money

Quote Originally Posted by northway View Post
    Gotcha! I guess he is now a salesman?? JK!! All seriousness aside, I think people end up paying a lot of $$ for things that may or may not be needed. Now, I have bought 907 stuff and it is the best stuff I have seen for baiting bears along with bear scents stuff.
    I'm sure there's lots of people who don't spend a dime on scent attractants and do just fine. I've seen several good ideas on here and seen some creative methods to attract bears. I bought from baitem because the products look great smell good and compared to what I did last year will be cheaper easier and last day and night. Previously I've fermented rabbit guts in a bucket and hung but they ate that. So I did molasses burns cool aid burns I dumped grease and sprayed syrup and vanilla All over and what a pain. I bought 2 propane stoves caught them on fire and burned myself many times. I kade more noise climbing in and out of that tree putting out molasses fires and filling up the lot that I'm sure I scared the bears from coming in. I do know that hanging a stink bucket or beaver carcass works like a charm and can be super cheap but I'm putting my faith in the sweet smelling bait balls this year and saving money.

im actually debating also snatching my wifes victoria secret body spray and giving a few good squirts onto some rags (this stuff is super fruity and potent as can be) figured gives me a reason to go with her when she buys the stuff (1 for you 1 for me) if it works haha

Again, I do buy 907 stuff, but also realize you can bait bears without spending a lot of $$ on products. I, like others, have done this for a long time and the real key is finding an area that isn't hunted hard and then getting in a bait stand. Over time, the stands become better and better and there is no need for all the stuff. Those bears remember where it is at and attract other bears to the site.

Quote Originally Posted by northway View Post
    ....the real key is finding an area that isn't hunted hard and then getting in a bait stand. Over time, the stands become better and better and there is no need for all the stuff. Those bears remember where it is at and attract other bears to the site.
    Don't comment much, but could not agree more with this statement.

There was a question about earliest bear movement... I've been hit the week after I put out bait on Lazy Mt, but usually get the first bear around mid-May.