Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: Report April, 9 2011

  1. #1
    Member 900fusion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Menominee, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    1,021

    Default Report April, 9 2011

    Great day to be on the water, Fish were rising sun was out and weather was great. Caddis, knat, and stonefly hatch was going on. Ended up landing a couple nice bows and lost a beast. Went 3 for 6. Pretty stoked to try out new pattens that i tied and see they work. Even tho there were alot of people out and not many fish being caught our group ended up with 5 total just shows it doesnt matter how many people there are as long as you have the right stuff. Here are a few pics enjoy.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KENAI APRIL 2011 (3).jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	47714Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KENAI APRIL 2011 (2).jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	80.2 KB 
ID:	47715
    -Tight Lines & head shakin

  2. #2
    Member 900fusion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Menominee, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    1,021

    Default

    Cheese!
    Caught this lil guy just after i fumbled a fatty before the picture could be taken.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KENAI APRIL 2011 (4).jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	88.1 KB 
ID:	47717
    -Tight Lines & head shakin

  3. #3
    Member power drifter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Down wind of 2 Glaciers
    Posts
    1,088

    Default

    Good looking fish. Fun to hit them with real flys

  4. #4
    Member alaskachuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    3,256

    Default

    A couple of fat hens for sure...Nice job
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

  5. #5
    Member kenaibow fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,039

    Default

    looks like it was a good day for sure. To bad you have to work this weekend!

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Kenai
    Posts
    1,888

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 900fusion View Post
    Cheese!
    Caught this lil guy just after i fumbled a fatty before the picture could be taken.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KENAI APRIL 2011 (4).jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	88.1 KB 
ID:	47717
    I do believe that fis is smiling as big as you are!!!
    Congrats on another great trip guys.
    Vance in AK.

    Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Outta Big Lake
    Posts
    1,633

    Default

    Went fishin at a littel beaverpon/creek a few miles from our house and caught one on some powerbait. it sure wasn't that big! nice lookin fish!

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Juneau
    Posts
    2,127

    Default

    Caddis, Gnat and Stonefly hatches going on......

    But what were the patterns you tried? We sometimes snowmachine out to local rivers once they open up and have done well on small black and white leeches but noticed some risers just as we were leaving a few weeks ago.

    PM if you are feeling secretive, I'm out in Bristol Bay and I'm 99.9 percent sure you'll never see me casting on the Kenai next to ya.

  9. #9
    Member AKPyron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Interior AK
    Posts
    143

    Default

    Thats it! Im moving to SC. We're still waiting on open water!
    If you live your whole life afraid to die... Then you can never truly live!

  10. #10
    Member muzzyman87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    AK
    Posts
    311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AKPyron View Post
    Thats it! Im moving to SC. We're still waiting on open water!

    I live in SC and I am waiting too.....
    I am not against the flippin kenai, since I cannot but suspect it keeps armies of the unworthy from discovering every other stream... ~Paul O'Neil~/~Wyo2AK~

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 900fusion View Post
    Great day to be on the water, Fish were rising sun was out and weather was great. Caddis, knat, and stonefly hatch was going on. Ended up landing a couple nice bows and lost a beast. Went 3 for 6. Pretty stoked to try out new pattens that i tied and see they work. Even tho there were alot of people out and not many fish being caught our group ended up with 5 total just shows it doesnt matter how many people there are as long as you have the right stuff. Here are a few pics enjoy.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KENAI APRIL 2011 (3).jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	47714Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KENAI APRIL 2011 (2).jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	80.2 KB 
ID:	47715

    That beast of a fish was just a old rotten silver, or at least that's what we told u to ease your pain. Nice fish man

  12. #12
    Member 900fusion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Menominee, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    1,021

    Default

    haha adding salt to the wound! if you ever need some one to go down with you im sure i can make time. haha. "catch any yet"...."no but they are jumping like crazy"..... "do you mind if i give it a try"......"sure good luck there not hitting anything".......First cast and wham...... "What the F***". Yup thats how it played out. dont worry you'll get into them.
    -Tight Lines & head shakin

  13. #13
    Member bigcox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kotzebue, Alaska
    Posts
    1,397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 900fusion View Post
    haha adding salt to the wound! if you ever need some one to go down with you im sure i can make time. haha. "catch any yet"...."no but they are jumping like crazy"..... "do you mind if i give it a try"......"sure good luck there not hitting anything".......First cast and wham...... "What the F***". Yup thats how it played out. dont worry you'll get into them.
    haha...I should have beat you down there. "Secure the spot" my ass! LMAO!

    Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...


    http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

  14. #14
    Member Albradley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Fairbanks,Alaska
    Posts
    482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AKPyron View Post
    Thats it! Im moving to SC. We're still waiting on open water!
    I hate having to sit on the sidelines(Fairbanks) While others get to play...Hmm maybe I will move to anchorage.
    There's a fine line between fishing....

    and standing on the shore like an idiot! ALLEN BRADLEY-TANGLE LAKES ADVOCATE/FANBOY

  15. #15
    Member bigcox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kotzebue, Alaska
    Posts
    1,397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Albradley View Post
    I hate having to sit on the sidelines(Fairbanks) While others get to play...Hmm maybe I will move to anchorage.
    Have you seen what TSS is doing out at Harding? I would hardly say you have to be sitting on the wood...those are some freaking huge fish they are catching out at Harding!

    Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...


    http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

  16. #16
    Member bigcox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kotzebue, Alaska
    Posts
    1,397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 900fusion View Post
    Great day to be on the water, Fish were rising sun was out and weather was great. Caddis, knat, and stonefly hatch was going on. Ended up landing a couple nice bows and lost a beast. Went 3 for 6. Pretty stoked to try out new pattens that i tied and see they work. Even tho there were alot of people out and not many fish being caught our group ended up with 5 total just shows it doesnt matter how many people there are as long as you have the right stuff. Here are a few pics enjoy.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KENAI APRIL 2011 (3).jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	47714Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KENAI APRIL 2011 (2).jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	80.2 KB 
ID:	47715
    Nice Fish 900! What the hell did you do to the color? LMAO!

    Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...


    http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

  17. #17
    Member muzzyman87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    AK
    Posts
    311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Albradley View Post
    I hate having to sit on the sidelines(Fairbanks) While others get to play...Hmm maybe I will move to anchorage.
    So you're moving to SC for the Kenai? I'm still waiting for open water.....oh, and I live in "SC"..
    I am not against the flippin kenai, since I cannot but suspect it keeps armies of the unworthy from discovering every other stream... ~Paul O'Neil~/~Wyo2AK~

  18. #18
    Member jockomontana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    seward
    Posts
    336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 900fusion View Post
    haha adding salt to the wound! if you ever need some one to go down with you im sure i can make time. haha. "catch any yet"...."no but they are jumping like crazy"..... "do you mind if i give it a try"......"sure good luck there not hitting anything".......First cast and wham...... "What the F***". Yup thats how it played out. dont worry you'll get into them.
    sounds like you guys ran into some characters out there... like, maybe, 12 of them!? Isnt it nice showing up to a hole with a dozen people fishing and not catching only to start hosing all over them? Good job. That's good practice for June 11.

  19. #19

    Default

    Nice bows went down today and hit it good 5 bows and 1 dolly all on the nymph but later in the day the dry was on

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    North Pole, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigcox View Post
    Have you seen what TSS is doing out at Harding? I would hardly say you have to be sitting on the wood...those are some freaking huge fish they are catching out at Harding!

    Fish On!
    Crazy there isn't more pressure out there. Long time between fish a lot of the time, but there aren't any small ones.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •