Thread: Bear food complete with photos

Default Bear food complete with photos

Hey guys, well i prepped the bear bait today. wow that was a ton of work. popped 50 pounds of popcorn, went through over a gallon of oil. mixed in a bunch of random sweet stuff. and then added my donuts and other random things.

my grease hook up dissapeared this year so no dog food and grease. I hope this popcorn works out because it took a lot of time and effort to cook this stupid bear food. hope you guys enjoy the pics

P4100027.jpgP4100023.jpg
    NRA life Member JVJ

with all those snacks you may just find me bloated laying unconscious with a arm stuck in your barrel this year lol. Dang bears eat better than I do

We have popped over 460 gallons of corn, figure it's enough to resupply for about 1 month since you are running two different bait sites. Corn will be SO much easier to hike in then dog food.

Quote Originally Posted by NhraFox View Post
    with all those snacks you may just find me bloated laying unconscious with a arm stuck in your barrel this year lol. Dang bears eat better than I do
    Thats what I was thinking LOL

Yeah my kids would call that dinner! But seriously I think you are on the right track. I had a bear coming to my bait and he didnt care much for dog food. All he ever ate was the sweets or dog food covered in sweets. Except for that one day he was hungry and took the whole barrel to share with his friends......
    I come home with an honestly earned feeling that something good has taken place. It makes no difference whether I got anything, it has to do with how the day was spent. Fred Bear

YOU MIGHT be a redneck, if...

LOL

Good on you guys. Just be careful on that wood deck. I don't want to read it in the paper! LOL

Taylor

At least the get away vehicle is near by! :O
    What if you use old used cooking grease to pop your popcorn? That should really increase the funky smell eminating from your bait. I been saving cooking grease used to cook fish, chicken tai food etc over the whole winter. I got jugs of grease everywhere. Now to find the time to start popping.