Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Women's Forum

  1. #1
    Member AKHunterNP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    902

    Default Women's Forum

    Hey Brian, this is BS. How am I supposed to keep track of my wife on here now. Even if I view all her posts none of the posts she puts on that forum can be read.
    "...arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe...Horrid mischief would ensue were the good deprived of the use of them." -Thomas Paine

  2. #2
    Forum Admin Brian M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Eagle River, AK
    Posts
    13,391

    Default

    Ha! Glad to see that some women are making use of the forum. As for you keeping track of her on here, well...maybe she'll surprise you and bring home a moose for you to butcher and package from the connections she makes on the women's forum

  3. #3
    Member AKHunterNP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    902

    Default

    Yeah, she's loving this. She's already trying to connect for some moose hunting. I think she's trying to find a bear baiting partner now.
    "...arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe...Horrid mischief would ensue were the good deprived of the use of them." -Thomas Paine

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Ha! Glad to see that some women are making use of the forum. As for you keeping track of her on here, well...maybe she'll surprise you and bring home a moose for you to butcher and package from the connections she makes on the women's forum
    More men bashing then outdoor talk I wager.

  5. #5
    Forum Admin Brian M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Eagle River, AK
    Posts
    13,391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jim in anchorage View Post
    More men bashing then outdoor talk I wager.
    I wager you're completely wrong. There are a thousand and one such sites on the internet. This one is for women who want to connect with other women to discuss the Alaskan outdoors. Just like any other forum here, threads and posts that are off-topic get deleted. From what I understand, the women who have logged in thus far have been introducing themselves and talking hunting. Shocking, isn't it?

  6. #6
    Member martentrapper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Fairbanks, Ak.
    Posts
    4,190

    Default

    A forum for women only? Interesting. Will there be one for men only? None of the other forums are gender specific are they?
    With all the effort to bring women into the hunting fold, it seems curious we now need to separate them.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

  7. #7
    Supporting Member iofthetaiga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Tanana Valley AK
    Posts
    7,214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by martentrapper View Post
    A forum for women only? Interesting. Will there be one for men only? None of the other forums are gender specific are they?
    With all the effort to bring women into the hunting fold, it seems curious we now need to separate them.
    I don't believe "we" need to separate them at all. Likely they have decided to separate themselves. And who could blame them, what with the all too common piggish comments such as is demonstrated in post #6. More power to them.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

  8. #8
    Member kahahawai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    2,443

    Default

    If they have their own forum then they need to have a photo gallery too.................with dead animals of course ....lol

    The wife will probably get in on this...

  9. #9

    Default

    Who is going to be the WMOTY of 2011?
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  10. #10
    Member Chisana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Juneau, Alaska
    Posts
    1,438

    Default

    I had no idea there are now hunt planners/booking agents that are women specific.

  11. #11
    Forum Admin Brian M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Eagle River, AK
    Posts
    13,391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chisana View Post
    I had no idea there are now hunt planners/booking agents that are women specific.
    If you take a look at her site, you'll see that what she does is offered free of charge. Regardless, apparently there's something to be said for understanding the needs/desires of a female clientele.

  12. #12
    Member SkinnyD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    20B
    Posts
    1,379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    I don't believe "we" need to separate them at all. Likely they have decided to separate themselves. And who could blame them, what with the all too common piggish comments such as is demonstrated in post #6. More power to them.
    The quality of thread in general has degraded rapidly since the draw results were released. I hope that once people begin killing spring bears and catching fish there will be a little less animosity in the air.
    Passing up shots on mergansers since 1992.


  13. #13
    Member Chisana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Juneau, Alaska
    Posts
    1,438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    If you take a look at her site, you'll see that what she does is offered free of charge. Regardless, apparently there's something to be said for understanding the needs/desires of a female clientele.
    Pretty common for booking agents to be paid kickbacks by the guide/outfitter. At least that is the case in the African and Asian hunting scene. The client never sees the booking agent's fee, it is just part of the hunt price. Obviously for a hunt planner that is a little different.

  14. #14
    Member Chisana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Juneau, Alaska
    Posts
    1,438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SkinnyD View Post
    The quality of thread in general has degraded rapidly since the draw results were released. I hope that once people begin killing spring bears and catching fish there will be a little less animosity in the air.
    Happens a few times every year, just like clockwork.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •