Thread: Hamilton 212 Stomp grate Question

Cool Hamilton 212 Stomp grate Question

Im installing a new Stomp grate on my 212 Hamilton and after dropping the original grate I need to remove the Front two factory bolts and replace them with new two bolts for this install, Whats the best way to remove them, anyone come across this before?

use 2 of the nuts that hold the grate on and tighten them against each other and unscrew the stud from the jet housing. do the same procedure to reinstall the new ones, you use the 2 nuts instead of vise grips so you don't gaul up the threads also make sure you use loctite when you put the new ones in
    If you have a hard time getting the old ones out grab the dang threads w/ some vise grips and show em whose boss.

I'm taking a poll
    <--------click this star if you think I should run for Gov

Thanks fullbush! Thats what I needed to know. I have been fiddling with these studs for about two hours now and didnt want to resort to the vise grips on the threads treatment before asking someone who was familure with this or finding out if there was any special tricks to getting them outta there, they are in there pretty good. Ill let you know how it turns out. Thanks for your help.

Yeah when I was putting my weed rake in my 241's I tightened the nut to tight and snapped the stud when I was reinstalling my grate. Talk about pissed! Anyway I got Hamilton jet in woodinville to send me another one...the good news was there was just enough sticking out to get a bite on it w/ some vise grips so I was able to extract it

I'm taking a poll
    <--------click this star if you think I should run for Gov

It worked like a Charm! I stacked and tightened those two nuts together like you mentioned and pulled those studs right out. You Saved me alot of hassel and headache. Thanks for helping!