Thread: Hard Luck Harding, I Hate You!

Default Hard Luck Harding, I Hate You!

Went out this last week a couple times, including yesterday, for the final days of this 2010-11 hardwater season and the vertical "lets get jiggy with it" for a monster from Davy Jones locker. Nothing better than fishing with friends, watching them set angling milestones, and sharing the story for others to try and make their own memories the same way. If you dont go, you wont catch that beast!

Highlights this week have been for me / but not limited to the following:

Watching Snagger22 catch his first ever lake tout, and first ever fish from Harding lake, on his first attempt. I Hate YOU. He brought it off the bottom at about 110 feet.

Listening to Sapper 27 calling out his first Harding Laker in his portable ice hut, play by play style, up from the bottom at 120 feet and anticipating the hook set, "Its coming off the bottom....its coming up"...and letting out the "Fish On" as tube jig meets fished mouth. Victory, Good Job....I Hate YOU.

Watching Alcanron out jiggin me for yet again another fish, side by side, how does he do it? He has some amazing catches this year and caught the first fish again yesterday (of course). His 5 fish 4 hour day this year I do not believe will never be repeated. He is the "Master" of Harding and I have to call him that every time we drive by the lake this year....I Hate YOU.

I finally landed a lunker yesterday, Alcanron of course was not sitting next to me so he was unable to will the fish to his line, haha *note to self...all the fish I caught when fishing with Alcanron have been when his junk is out of the water. Well here it is:

lakerside.jpg

I might have to go out a couple more times before ice out?

Thanks to Alcanron for motivating me to fill my funnel and for all the great memories made this year fishing Hard Luck Harding with you!
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

LOL great highlights of the week. Nothing better than fishing with friends and landing that fish of a lifetime. Truly awesome fish, very envious over here..

Yesterday sad is it may be was the final day of the Harding Lake winter saga. Well I thought I was going to get one more but when I arrived this morning it looked like an ice ridge built up towards the center of the lake. I continued out onto the lake and set up in the usual spot. The ice was moaning and groaning today which sounded like a thunder storm. So my wits got the best of me and I left.

Default My Dinker!

Here is the dinker I caught! Dennis is right my junk was out of the water when he caught that nice fish! Watched it all happen on the Vexliar.

Harding Spring Laker .jpg

Quote Originally Posted by AlcanRon View Post
    Here is the dinker I caught! Dennis is right my junk was out of the water when he caught that nice fish! Watched it all happen on the Vexliar.

Harding Spring Laker .jpg

If you stretch your arms out just a liiittle bit longer it might look slightly bigger! just joking nice fish!

Quote Originally Posted by Bsj425 View Post
    If you stretch your arms out just a liiittle bit longer it might look slightly bigger! just joking nice fish!
    Yea I taught him how to do that because of all the small ones I have caught and photographed...haha

Great fish and what a way to end the hardwater season . I lost the biggest bow of my life yesterday . But ill be back out in pursuit.
    -Tight Lines & head shakin

Unbelievable day @ Hard Luck! I haven't put anywhere near as much time and effort on that lake as TSS or Alcanron but I am extemely grateful for their help yesterday! And even though he wasn't there I owe a debt of gratitude to GutLeap too! Thanks men! Looking forward to many more days on Hard Luck's hardwater next season! Until then...GONE!!! Hahahaha!

Sapper in the Skies

Great to see fish still being caught! Congrats!

I just want to clear up something..... are you sure those fish were that deep? Or were they suspended on a hole 100+ feet deep?
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    Bill Hicks

Quote Originally Posted by dirtofak View Post
    Great to see fish still being caught! Congrats!

I just want to clear up something..... are you sure those fish were that deep? Or were they suspended on a hole 100+ feet deep?
    The electronics we are using clearly marks the fish coming up from the very bottom (as described above), although we have also marked and caught fish suspended in all depths in between 40 and 90 feet. Not sure what factors this out (moon phase, baro pressure, mind tricks)?

We have also marked lots of schools of bait fish in the lake also. Just glad I did not lose it at the hole!

You had steady hands at the ready to grab the fish in case of disaster. We had that drill a month ago!LOL!

Default It has been a great year!!

Absolutely awesome guys. Great fishing!!

If you recall, on February 5th, I met Alcanron on Harding and revealed to him the secrets of catching lakers. This was Rons first time he was able to catch anything out of Harding. We posted the photos on here. On February 10th, I posted a photo of a nice laker I caught that day and also issued a challenge for anyone to step up and start catching these nice Harding lakers as my job was going to keep me away for a few months. You guys certainly took the challenge to heart and put forth an outstanding effort with results that anyone would be proud of.

I have enjoyed looking at the photos of the fish you guys have caught out there the past few months knowing that the thrill of pulling up one of the Harding lakers is like nothing one has experienced before. There is nothing better in mid-winter than a successful fishing trip to Harding lake.

Big congratulations to JediMasterSalmonSlayer for landing his first nice sized laker. Also to Sapper 27 for his nice laker as well.

I Have enjoyed fishing with you guys this year and put together a couple of photo collages of some of this winters photos.

Just imagine guys what we are going to do out there next year!!

Great Looking photo collage! Look forward to seeing you fishing at Harding and anywhere else! Harding Lake has great potential.

I am up in Fairbanks this weekend (friday,saturday, and sunday), do you think it would be safe to walk out on the lake still?

We were out there last saturday and I still needed my extension. There was also still a good bit of snow on top. We are going to give it another try this weekend. We shall see what happens.

I forgot to mention we drove out on the ice.

R you going to wear your tin foil cap? I am bringing my energy dome!

Smile Hat!

Tin foil hat engaged! I don't want to let all the knowledge that I have learned escape into the ozone.

Amazing job on the lakers, fellas! As usual, the Jedi doesn't fail to entertain! Great pics and awesome collage! Keep up the great work! Let the soft water show begin!!!!