Thread: Upper kenai rainbow guide recommendation help

Default Upper kenai rainbow guide recommendation help

I'm looking for a good guide that specializes in the upper Kenai rainbow fishery. We get an occasional request from our guests for this and it's something I haven't personally done yet, so I'd like to find someone to recommend. You can send me a PM if you prefer. Thanks, Brian
    Anchor River Lodge

Troutfitters in Cooper Landing (fly shop) has a very reputable guide service. Drift boats on the Upper Kenai for bows/dollies is the game. Bead fishing often, especially when the fishing is best in late Aug through Sept. Other folks work the area and choices are many, but Troutfitters is very reputable for sure. Super nice fly shop as well and fully stocked. Another plus for your clients. Waders, rods, reels, all the hot flies/beads, etc... Very informative website as well that would get your clients excited ahead of time.

http://aktroutfitters.com/

Dan
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Brian
    Dan hit the nail on the head there.
    Billy & Dusty are great people, they and their crew know what they're doing weather it's the upper, canyon or middle river.

Troutfitters for sure.........Alaska Clearwater is a great show also
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Can't say enough about Troutfitters. I used them twice last year and they were great both times.

Andy Szczesny 262-9439. His outfit is called Alaska Fish N Float. He has been guiding the Upper Kenai for over 25 years, only Kenai River Guide that has served on the Alaska Board of Fisheries, and is a really good guide to boot. He also has one of the Kenai National Wildlife Permits for the Upper.

Quote Originally Posted by iceblue View Post
    Andy Szczesny 262-9439. His outfit is called Alaska Fish N Float. He has been guiding the Upper Kenai for over 25 years, only Kenai River Guide that has served on the Alaska Board of Fisheries, and is a really good guide to boot. He also has one of the Kenai National Wildlife Permits for the Upper.
    +10 for Andy.

Alaska troutfitters!!!

Alaska Master Baiters!!!
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

John Pearson at the following site would be my choice. Wife & I fished with him last August. Great guy with great equipment to match. Best yet, he is a year round Cooper Landing resident and knows the river very well. Take a look at his site, then send an email or give him a call. http://www.kenaifloat-n-fish.com/