Thread: A lotta Bull....

Default A lotta Bull....

Check out this pic from a thread over at castboolits.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...47&postcount=4

Cool Picture. It says it was taken on April 3, 2011. I think he has his date mixed up. Thanks for sharing and good luck hunting this year.

was that pic taken in unit 16B?
    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

Has to be 16B, I don't know of any where else in the state that would hold this many bulls in groups like that. Man, the predator controll program is really working.

Goodness, that is an awesome picture.. It sure would be nice to have that view in september!!!

Not to mention all the barbed wire fences in 16B...

Quote Originally Posted by ga2akwild View Post
    Goodness, that is an awesome picture.. It sure would be nice to have that view in september!!!
    I have seen that in Sept and it was very depressing. 7 bulls in one swampy clearing, not one of them legal! All little dinker paddles with the biggest about a 45" er with salad forks. I was literally in bow range of with the whole group around me for better than an hour. I

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    I have seen that in Sept and it was very depressing. 7 bulls in one swampy clearing, not one of them legal! All little dinker paddles with the biggest about a 45" er with salad forks. I was literally in bow range of with the whole group around me for better than an hour. I
    Photos????

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCub View Post
    Photos????
    nope, no camera on me at the time and too busy counting brow tines over and over and over... The spot used to be a little micro-habitat where a big pocket of moose would gather up pre rut. A buddy cut a small trail in there years ago despite me urging him to just walk in and then someone found it, and told someone, who told someone. My cousin went back in there last year and said he only saw one little paddle bull and probably 8 other hunters with new 2x4 tree stands on every third tree. Oh, well so it goes in the great land.

How many Bulls did you kill out of that "Micro-Habitat"? Before the secret got out.... ha ha

Sarcasm ignored.... cousin got one, other cousins wife shot a cow (valley cow tag) and buddy got a bull all in 2007-2008. I saw the large group in 2009 but I didn't get back from the sand box till Sep 12th and anything legal was long since in someones freezer. 2010 I spent back in the sand box and word from my family is it's not even worth the trip, which sucks because it it ridiculously close to home.

I have heard of similar groups in the alpine south of the Rex trail and I saw 5 bulls together in Dec 2009 north of Sutton while out on the sled. Seemed odd at the time because they were way up high. There were a few scrub willow barely poking up through the snow in a little draw but beyond that I wonder what they were eating way up there. Any higher and they would have been hanging out with the sheep. The sheep vid that was posted recently from the brooks sure made it look like a good group of bulls were hanging out way up high during the winter considering the sheds.

4294.jpg

Here is one I stole off the Delta Paper a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by hoose35 View Post
    was that pic taken in unit 16B?
    Nope, he took the pic in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Snyd View Post
    Nope, he took the pic in Canada.
    I was only kidding, in light of the recent thread about non res moose hunting opening in 16B
    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

Quote Originally Posted by hoose35 View Post
    I was only kidding, in light of the recent thread about non res moose hunting opening in 16B
    DUH..... I think I need some more coffee this morning.....