Thread: Quartz Lake Ice Conditions?

Question Quartz Lake Ice Conditions?

If anyone is going to Quartz Lake this weekend can they post the ice conditions? I want to give it a try sometime next week and want to be able to drive out on it. Thanks in advance.

Someone? Anyone? Did anybody go to Quartz last weekend?

yea I say its good, lets go.
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Alcanron, be sure to wear your "tinfoil hat" and have JEDI bring his light. That way when your truck goes thru the ice someone will see the light on the tinfoil.LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Roland on the River View Post
    Alcanron, be sure to wear your "tinfoil hat" and have JEDI bring his light. That way when your truck goes thru the ice someone will see the light on the tinfoil.LOL
    Dont forget the wetsuits and 911 on speed dial.
    There's a fine line between fishing....

and standing on the shore like an idiot! ALLEN BRADLEY-TANGLE LAKES ADVOCATE/FANBOY

Quote Originally Posted by Roland on the River View Post
    Good one!

We will make sure that we are not in water over our heads.LOL! I think we will be fine. Hopefully we will have some pictures of some nice ones.

The Fish and Game usally pull the houses on the 15th., That being said it depends on the winter weather if its safe to drive on.

A few years ago they lost a truck and it turned into a big deal.

birch was completely fine last saturday (4/9) I'd think you're fine this weekend. (state houses were already off )

I do usually prefer the wheeler mid-late april, since it weighs a few thousand pounds less!

Somebody fell through a lake in Anchorage a couple of days ago!

I have one word for the ice conditions at Quartz Lake! THICK!

Yes, the ice is thick. A good friend of mine was out there fishing a couple of days ago and he said it was close to 4 feet. He may have over stated a bit but it sounds like it is still pretty thick. The bad news is he did not even get a bite.
    "Bark,bark,bark,sniff,sniff,bark,and bark" - Lynchs Blue Roan Lynch E.C.K.

I will be out there around 8 am see ya'll there if you go on thursday lol.If i go under maybe I can find my pole that got knocked out near the boat launch...With a big rainbow on the other end.

and standing on the shore like an idiot! ALLEN BRADLEY-TANGLE LAKES ADVOCATE/FANBOY

Quote Originally Posted by Albradley View Post
    I will be out there around 8 am see ya'll there if you go on thursday lol.If i go under maybe I can find my pole that got knocked out near the boat launch...With a big rainbow on the other end.

How where the edges of the lake?

Quote Originally Posted by AlcanRon View Post
    How where the edges of the lake?
    Well the ice has not backed up at all and its still good for ice fishing.I was fishing about 100 yards out from the boat launch and several people were pulling fish up every few minutes.It would seem a small hook and a single salmon egg was the very best thing since sliced bread LOL.I had five big hits and hook up with two.One was large char that I got to within 4 inches of coming out of the hole before he snapped my 10 pound test and he was a Big un'.The second was a baby that wasnt hooked very well thanks to my large hook.So a note to everyone Use small hooks and One salmon egg works better than everything else.Trust me we did the whole everything plus the kitchen sink...I had fun either way.I will be back out there saturday or tuesday.