Thread: Montague Island

Default Montague Island

I am considering looking into a montague hunt this year, and was just curious if anyone hunted this past season and how the hunting was. I did a hunt there several years ago and stayed at the beach river cabin. The numbers were good and everyone in my party had a great hunt. We flew with bear lake air but i dont think they are in business flying over there anymore I may be wrong. Who are the charter services flying over there now and what are they charging? Can anyone recommend a better area than beach river or is it still a good location to hunt from.
    Thanks for any info

Quote Originally Posted by geoff156 View Post
    I am considering looking into a montague hunt this year, and was just curious if anyone hunted this past season and how the hunting was. I did a hunt there several years ago and stayed at the beach river cabin. The numbers were good and everyone in my party had a great hunt. We flew with bear lake air but i dont think they are in business flying over there anymore I may be wrong. Who are the charter services flying over there now and what are they charging? Can anyone recommend a better area than beach river or is it still a good location to hunt from.
    Thanks for any info
    Talking deer I suspect? Went last year, and two years prior with friends going in between. All had success.
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

If you go, make sure you get a Brown Bear tag. Those lumps of seaweed on the beach are'nt ALL seaweed.

You'll have a good time, a good place for deer and Bear too. My father and I were friends with an outfitter on the Island when I was a kid, Clarence LaBounty, originally from Two Harbors, MN.