We asked and got permission to share our fundraising event with Forum Members. It is for a great cause and we hope you can join us. Please see more information on Facebook page: Lauren Marie Graham http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/ForTheLoveOfLauren Thank you
Born full term on 7/15/08, in Anchorage, our daughter Lauren was diagnosed 15 days after birth with Bohring-Opitz Syndrome as the 16th case in the world. She was only 4 lbs 14oz, blind, deaf, cleft lip and palate, hip dysplasia, had contractures at her wrists and elbows, missing the major message center in her brain, severe failure to thrive, all of this was missed in utero. We were told we were having a healthy baby throughout my pregnancy. Lauren did not breathe for 13 minutes when she was born.
After 35 days in the NICU, we brought baby Lauren home with Hospice in place... Where we were told by NICU Doctors she would live a week to a month - Lauren was very medically fragile. She lived for almost 20 months with us in our home, at 14 months my husband Todd and HOPE Community Resources insisted that we take some respite or in home support. We are so thankful we did. I’m sure it saved our marriage, my husband kept his job of 20 years and I was able to be a better care taker to Lauren and our son Garrett. Once I let HOPE into our home they took amazing care of Lauren and us. When our daughter passed away March 6, 2010 http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/adn...&pid=140626383 – I had to stay "busy" - so I started a team for the 41st Annual Walk & Roll for HOPE - "For the LOVE of Lauren" we raised $12,117.00. The 2011 team has the same name and the same goal!
We no longer need Hope's assistance, but there will be a baby born or a child injured tomorrow that will.. that is why I have become an advocate in little Lauren's memory and it is therapeutic for me to pay it forward.
Please join us.... We have lots of "Man" stuff, a 4 blade stainless impeller, an 8" Inflatable boat, a Stihl chainsaw and some great gifts for the woman in your life - Mother's Day and Easter are coming up! Be sure to RSVP
Silent Auction -April 9th Bayshore Clubhouse 5-8pm
Below is just a few of the items we have had donated for our LIVE/Silent Auction -- We live in a very generous State... Alaskans are AWESOME!
*4 each beautiful Sterling Silver bracelets from Jewelry Cache & Josh Jennett* Gift Cards to Outback Steak House* 2 HID Headlights and installation from Alaska Bedliner & Truck Supply courtesy of the Nerup Family* Uncle Joe's Pizza Gift cards courtesy of the White Family* Popeye's Services Driveway Seal Coat courtesy of Ken Withrow & Family* Scensty Products- courtesy of Ann Sherbahn Lahaie* Robert Gellar Mobile Service Oil change and Tire change over* Several Knitted and crocheted items* Several Quilted blankets (baby and adult size)* Allen & Petersen Cooking Class* Skinny Raven $100.00 Gift Card* Run to the Sun Tanning package* 10 each 14" x 18" matted Aviation series byJacquie Coté Suter - Donated by Buster's Upholstery* Myofascial Trigger Point Therapy-$220.00 value courtesy of Sandra Schaeffer * 4 passes to H2Oasis* 2 each Birthday Party events at Jewel Lake McDonalds* $100.00 Gift Card to Blush Boutique* Dinner for 2 at Benihana’s* Lunch for 2 at Benihana’s* HamiltonBeach Stainless Crock Pot* 2 each $50.00 gift card to Firetap Alehouse* 2 each - $75.00 gift card to McGinley’s* 2 each $100.00 gift certificates to Superstar Pastry Design* 20 piece Tommy Armour Golf Club set from Sports Authority $300.00 Value* 10 Ski Passes to Hill Top Ski Area good for 1 year $250.00 Value* Glass Champagne Bucket, Ridedel Wine glasses – Goldrush Liquor* Stihl MS170 16” Chainsaw, tool kit & hat – Alaska Specialty Equipment* Full detail up to $250.00 – Pink Elephant* Express detail $75.00 – Pink Elephant* Holiday wash package $55.00 – Pink Elephant
* TomTom ONE 125 GPS* 2 each Sea Galley gift cards for $25.00* 2 - Jewel Lake Bowl “Extreme” Bowling certificates $70.00 ea* 2 - $50.00 gift certificates Shades of Competition* 1 year family membership to Aviation Alaska Museum & 1 aviation print* 1 $50.00 gift certificate to Mr. Prime Beef* 1 Tastee Freeze certificate for 6 people - banana split special * 1 HOT pink beanies with “Peace” bow & ribbon – from Nina’s Beanies & Bows* 3 gift certificates from Metro Music & Book Store* Trunki full of: Trunki saddle bag, paints, brushes, lacing beads, stamp set, birdhouse kit, sticker set & many other items too many to list!! Thank you Sweet Adeline's Children's Store!
* 1 Cutco (Santoku) Cheese Knife* Overnight Stay at the Captain Cook* 4 hours of BAC Limousine and $100.00 gift Card to Double Muskey* Tour of KTUU News station and you get to watch the 5:00pm news be taped - THANKS Maria Downey! * 128 piece tool set - AIH and General Hardware Distributors * 25 Arctic Cheeseburger & soda coupons - Arctic Roadrunner* $100.00 Dimond Chevron gift card* Gift Basket from Bear Creek Winery in Homer, AK* PIAA Driving Lights from 6 Robblees* 2 each $50.00 gift cards from Romano's* Pearl Necklace from Oxford Metals* 32GB iPod touch, a MiFi personal mobile internet hot spot and 3 months of service donated by Alaska Communications* 2 each $50.00 Sullivan's gift cards* Cook Book from Suzette Lord "Suzette's Alaska Cooking" * $50.00 gift card from Suite 100
* Wooldridge Boats for donating a stainless, 4 blade, outboard jet impeller - for 115 HP engine- they will trade up to a 200HP if that is what you need. (*Not including a power jet impeller)
* $50.00 Moose's Tooth Gift Card* Gift Basket from Alaska Mill & Feed $75.00 value* $50.00 Gift Card from Suite 100
* 2 hours of computer consulting time from Bright Solutions* $100.00 Gift Card to Nino's Eatery* $100.00 Gift Card to Intuitions Spa & Salon * $100.00 Gift Card to Sunsation Tanning Salon* Several beautiful bags, wallets, scarves from Cosette & Lulu E. Bebe* $100.00 Gift Card to Allure * Little girls bicycle...in pink... Lauren never got to ride a bike - several donated to this purchase* Delphin Inflatable Boat YDX 270 Aluminum Floor, measuring 8' 8" - Thanks Marita Sea & Ski* House of Harley Davidson – shirts, hat, stickers & Jenga game* Bennett Images – Hulahula Double Rainbow stretched canvas picture* Bo’s Fishing & Guide Service – Red or King Charter for 1* Shane Lamb Gallery – “Glacier Walk” print* Dish Japanese Restaurant - $100.00 gift card* Marty Bannatyne – tupperware set & wine stopper * Katie Cannon Photography- Palmer a family session and a CD* $50.00 Gift Card to Humpy's Ale House * 1 hour for up to 25 people Perks Espresso Catering* Groupon for Alaskan King Crab donated by the Doyle Family * Filet Knife from Eagle River Knives* 10 prints from John Van Zyle* Up to $250.00 in tax prep service good thru 4-15-12 THANK you Stacy at Don Schaefer and Associates* Basket of PartyLite & Two Sisters Gourmet courtesy of Annie Graff-Howell* Pink Daisy Quilt made and donated by Teresa Kimmel* $100.00 Gift Card to Nordstroms - Thank you All Things Diva.com* $100.00 Park N Play Birthday Party in memory of Seth* Serenity Esthetics donated eyelash extensions and a Jessner Peel
(see attached link to see the list of over 200 generous donations from our community )
Thank you for taking the time to read this. Please join us if you can and be sure to RSVP.
Dana & Todd Graham