Thread: 3-9X40 scopes...Burris FFII or Sightron SI

Default 3-9X40 scopes...Burris FFII or Sightron SI

If you had to pick a sub 175.00 scope for a .270 class rifle, which of those two would you choose and why?

Quote Originally Posted by Winchestershooter View Post
    If you had to pick a sub 175.00 scope for a .270 class rifle, which of those two would you choose and why?
    I am very happy with my Burris but I have not looked through a sightron for comparison. The only complaint I have with the burris scopes is that the whole eyepiece turns for power adjustment which precludes the use of flip up covers, but other than that it is a great scope.

That said, if I were buying another scope in that price class I would give the new Redfields a serious look. I have been impressed with them so far. I also really like the Nikon's I have used in that same price range.

without question, for me it would be a Redfield - We just installed 2 on coast range rifles and I am very impressed (having been a died in the wool Leupold customer) I also have a Burris Fullfield w/ ballistic reticle, not a bad scope at all except what was said earlier and that they are made (assembled?) in the Phillipines (and before I get inundated, I don't have a clue if the Redfields have "asian" parts)

Quote Originally Posted by back country View Post
    without question, for me it would be a Redfield - We just installed 2 on coast range rifles and I am very impressed (having been a died in the wool Leupold customer) I also have a Burris Fullfield w/ ballistic reticle, not a bad scope at all except what was said earlier and that they are made (assembled?) in the Phillipines (and before I get inundated, I don't have a clue if the Redfields have "asian" parts)
    Looking forward to trying out my first Redfield. For the price (my 2-7X33 was only $128 and the 3-9X40 at the same place was only $133) given the features and warranty it should be a great value scope. Looking forward to putting it to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Winchestershooter View Post
    I'm shooting one of those timberline scopes on my 22 magnum. About a month ago I went bashing across a wind-swept lake with extremely bumpy crusted snow. I had temporarily lashed the scoped rifle under the velcro strap of a Polaris Widetrak seat. My fuel cans in the rear cargo had a permanent indentation of a scope cover where it had been bouncing against. I was a bit worried and felt terrible that I allowed that to happen. Once in my bunny n grouse hunting haven.....every shot hit exactly where the rifle was sighted. These scopes are tough and I've put many years in with Burris scopes. Some don't like em, but I've never had one knock out of alignment yet. The Burris Fullfield uses 14 psi reticle springs, twice the psi than what other scopes use.....that's why they don't knock out of alignment. The Burris Fullfield also has steel on steel adjustments too. I don't like flip caps, so I don't mind using the lens cover that comes with the scope.