Thread: New youth primitive weapons hunt on Kodiak

Thumbs up New youth primitive weapons hunt on Kodiak

Heard today from a trooper a new primitive weapons hunt on Kodiak for kids 10 to 17 on the Kodiak Road system. The youth must attend an pass the bow or muzzleloader course to hunt. The season will be 15 Nov. to 31 Dec.

It is not in the regs yet but sure it will show for 2011/2012 regs. What a great opportunity for the up and coming hunters. Kinda wish I had a kid to take hunting!

Quote Originally Posted by akflyfisher View Post
    Heard today from a trooper a new primitive weapons hunt on Kodiak for kids 10 to 17 on the Kodiak Road system. The youth must attend an pass the bow or muzzleloader course to hunt. The season will be 15 Nov. to 31 Dec.

It is not in the regs yet but sure it will show for 2011/2012 regs. What a great opportunity for the up and coming hunters. Kinda wish I had a kid to take hunting!
    my one and only friend has a muzzelloader that he is going to get his cert. for, I'm buying one this summer ( both are/will be precusson) and I'm gonna get my cert as soon as I get it sighted in (if there is a class open) and hopefully we can do one of those registration hunts in anchorage together.

We plan on a deer hunt in kodiak as soon as the parents think we're old enough (with MY mom, that will be when I'm, oh, 45, lol) and we were only gonna taek our 30-30's, but we might have to post pone it till december (then he bears would be hibernatong, Hey hey hey!) and take the muzzelloaders! Thanks for the heads up!!

Best news I've heard in a long time. Lots of deer around then, and kids are our future.

Good deal, this was a proposal that was supported by AK BHA, glad to see it passed.
    Did ML for registration road system goat pass?
    The only proposal AK BHA submitted, to open the resurrection creek closed area passed too!
    Always good to see more opportunity.
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

Did not hear about the ML Goat, I hope so but don't know.

Nothing against stick hunters, but why should they get all the perks!