Thread: High Power Rifle Match April 9, 2010

Default High Power Rifle Match April 9, 2010

The Alaska Rifle Club will hold a NRA High Power 50 round match on Saturday, April 9 at the Birchwood Recreation and Shooting Park "B"
    range. Sign up time is 9:00 AM. The match fee will be $25.00 for annual ARC members or $30.00 for one day members. Open chamber indicators will be required and will be available for $1 each. Remember, 50 rounds for record, two sighters at each position and the possibility of having to shoot an extra string. Bring enough ammo. All targets will be set at 200 yards.

Hope to see you there!

Mark Friest
    Alaska Rifle Club

Allen, what target do you use at that shoot and what is your course of fire? Thanks. Wish I could be there>
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

NRA Highpower rules govern see

4 stages, three postions. Any Centerfire Rifle to hold 5 rouds and allow rapid reload allowed, Iron sights, no muzzle break, cal 30 or less.

2 sighters at each stage, fired from any postion, 2 minutes
    50 rds for record fired at 200 yards.

Record Course of fire:

10 rds offhand, slow fire, standing, 10 minutes

10 rds sitting, timed fire, 60 seconds, reload required, load 2 and 8 or 5 and 5

10 rds prone, timed fire, 70 seconds, reload required, load 2 and 8 or 5 and 5

20 rds prone, slow fire, 20 minutes

All slow fire is single round load.

SR1 target used for Standing and Sitting

Prone uses the 300 yd reduced to 200 yd and the 600 yd reduced to 200 yd targets. SR42 and MR52

Come out and shoot!

Darnit, this cold has me, quite literally, by the throat and will NOT let go! I wanted to shoot today!