Thread: MAIL Order Groceries.......? Who's the best.....???

Default MAIL Order Groceries.......? Who's the best.....???

With the cost of fuel I am starting to forward think about mail order groceries. @ $4.30 per gallon it is about $105.00 for fuel for a grocery run. Is "Span Alaska Sales" a good operation...?

Span is good, but I like Alaska Bush Shoppers, if they get their product from Sam's or Costco's you just pay 17% plus a fuel cost surcharge of 3% & postage...

Don't forget Amazon for dry goods. If you shop right you can get free super saver shipping on certain orders (USPS).

Just received a summers worth of bulk spices for making Rubs. Saved well over $100 over local prices and was shipped to my door in 5 days for free.

Wasilla, behind 3 Bears on the Palmer Wasilla Hwy

WalMart also has a bush buyer service either from the Diamond Store in Anchorage or the Fairbanks Store - disclaimer, my wife works for WalMart and we think its the great company in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by bmunsell View Post
    WalMart also has a bush buyer service either from the Diamond Store in Anchorage or the Fairbanks Store - disclaimer, my wife works for WalMart and we think its the great company in the country.
    I will look into this. As fuel approches $26.87 a gallon (Yes, I know that is stupid, well when I was a kid gas was .12 cents per gallon) I expect we will have designated drivers to go into town for supplies once per month.

I second Amazon, they have greatly expanded their reach into Alaska and offer free shipping on many products. Much can be had at or below costco prices.

Default Fred Meyer

No Questions. They are the least expensive and have luxury items as well.

I think that they used to charge 10%.

Sincerely,
    Thomas

My Social Security check is moldy by the time I get it in Alaska. I bet mail order groceries would look alot better though by the time Alaska's postal system gets it to you.................lol...........order the Blue Cheese, you won't know the difference.
    I can do the impossible right away. Be patient, miracles take me a bit longer.

We do a lot of comparison shopping and found Fred Meyer usually has the best prices. WallMart usually has the highest.

Weíve talked to the store manager at FM, (Wasilla) and get an additional 10% off of bulk orders. We just email in our shopping list, they call us when itís all in. Itís just one trip every 6 months or so to pick up groceries.