Thread: Wolverine mount back

Default Wolverine mount back

I caught this wolverine two years ago. There is a good story behind it. We had a lynx set on the edge of the river and this cat was schooling us. We set a few extra snares on some wimpy willows and came back the next week. Well, we got some snow and approaching the set, I could see a little bit of hair and new immediately what it was. I went to get my partner because "I needed some help at this set". He walks up and see what I see....it was awesome I fooled him and we had our first wolverine. This one was caught in a 1/16", 1x 19 cable. It was a lucky catch, but I'll take it.

That is an amazing mount. Could I ask who was the taxidermist? Thanks for sharing. Hillbilly

Thanks, Mike at Fur and Feather in Anchorage did it. He does all of my mounts.

That is a killer looking mount!!!Hope one day I get lucky enough to get one myself.That is still the one critter I have yet to see in the woods.

Kusko, great catch and what a beautiful specimen and mount. Almost had a shot at one last August on the haul rd., but too early for the season. Yours is marked much better also, very nice.

WOW, Mike outdid himself!! Nice mount Kusko!!

nice catch! thats cool that he found that antler too!!
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Thanks guys! I'm really really happy with the mount. The antler was found up on our trapline within a few miles of the wolverine. I thought it would be fitting for the mount.

sorry to take the words out of your mouth TBS, but, WOW.
    Stunning. Well done on all accounts.
    "When the time comes for a man to look his Maker in the eye, where better could the meeting be held than in the wilderness?"

wow...thats hard to believe that u caught it in a snare on three little willows....around where i trap...that wolverine would have shredded those willows and hauled ass..was it old or sick? usually when u catch one it looks like a dozer went through the area...however....amazing looking mount!
    They say its unsafe to own a gun, I say its unsafe to have only one!!!

We caught a wolf, in the same set two weeks later and by the same snare type.

Well, it may have looked like that, but we couldn't tell because of the snowfall. The wolverine was in great shape and a fairly young one.

I was using a camlok and the cable was really, really twisted. One theory was that the whippy willows had a lot of give and the gulo had a hard time trying to break it.

Dang, that wolverine turned out awesome. Congrats!

Awesome mount.Congrats.