Thread: Big Lake Apr 3

Default Big Lake Apr 3

Took the fish house off the ice. Starting to see some water on the roads especially where you get on and off. Ice is plenty thick but a few warm days and getting on or off maybe a problem.

3 of us fishing on and off a few hours resulted in 3 char and a burbot. All released.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Kardinal_84 View Post
    Took the fish house off the ice. Starting to see some water on the roads especially where you get on and off. Ice is plenty thick but a few warm days and getting on or off maybe a problem.

3 of us fishing on and off a few hours resulted in 3 char and a burbot. All released.
    Wow! Nice Job! Burbot during the day huh?

Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

Quote Originally Posted by bigcox View Post
    Wow! Nice Job! Burbot during the day huh?

Fish On!
    We catch burbot on Big Lake during the day quite often. Here's a pic from a while back. All caught jigging with lures during the day.

Good too see you again Rudy! Great report. I still use some of your logs for reference.
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Quote Originally Posted by JediMasterSalmonSlayer View Post
    Good too see you again Rudy! Great report. I still use some of your logs for reference.
    Me, too. Rudy's fishing page was the best!

Thanks guys! Trying to get back into it more. It's hard to believe how much I fished back then. Trying to get back into it. Getting married and having a 9 and 6 yr old plus moving out of state killed the fishing for sure! I'm back now and trying harder.

Kayak is new spring project. Trying to revive an old blog. A continuation of the old logs with a massive gap!
    guidesak.blogspot.com

When kids are young, they can really put a dent on fishing time, but later, you just drag them out into it.

I didn't know you left the state. Welcome back!

Looks like the burbot in the 1st pic did some serious spawning this spring.

I was surprised at how skinny the dang thing was. Not sure I would have kept it even if the season allowed. It was also bleeding a bit after I unhooked it. But they are out of season and you have to let them go.