Thread: last rabbit hunt of the year!

Default last rabbit hunt of the year!

well, i talked my sience teacher into taking me rabbit hunting. he had never shot a gun sience he was like 12. it was interesting to say the least! after a quick lesson on how to handle a gun and a few practice shots, we were off to go chase some bunnies! it was a great day we must have seen 30 rabbits! we only took 7 because thats all we could imagine eating. my teacher shot my 22lr and i shot my 22mag!photo-5.jpgP2280011.jpg
    “We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect.” - (Aldo Leopold)

Awesome! You know what they say, take a teacher hunting.... Oh wait that isn't it at all.

“We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect.” - (Aldo Leopold)

Sweet man!!!

Hahaha. Way to go Joe! I had a super-cool science teacher in high school, they are just a different breed than the usual public school rif-raf
    Stoked to see you did so well, I'm gonna try to get a rabbit hunt together next week.
    Thanks for posting the sweet pics.
    "When the time comes for a man to look his Maker in the eye, where better could the meeting be held than in the wilderness?"

video of me laughing like a girl! also, i didnt tell my teacher that a 12 gauge kicks!

Very nice, young man! Great job! I'm impressed that you took your teacher out and showed him the joys of hunting in Alaska, and that you limited your kill to only those you "imagine(ed) eating."

Thanks for sharing with us.

Jim

I can't see the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McCann View Post
    Great job! I'm impressed that you took your teacher out and showed him the joys of hunting in Alaska
    I know. I find it funny that Joe provided the rifles, too. You are one helluva young man.

and ya, can't see the video.
    "When the time comes for a man to look his Maker in the eye, where better could the meeting be held than in the wilderness?"

I'm the one with a degree but see that it's in fact me, who needs to be taken to school. Two big thumbs up! Great shooting.

Joe, "The way that you wander is the way that you choose." -from Jeremiah Johnson. You'll be telling a good story if you keep it up.

Good ob on the head/neck shots too!

NICE. Good job man. I saw you up there Saturday. I took my buddy's daughter on her first Hare hunt. I'll try to post some pics later.

Give a man a rabbit and he will complain about the stray hairs on the meat. Teach a man to rabbit hunt and he will get rabbit fur all over the kitchen himself.
    Passing up shots on mergansers since 1992.