Thread: Dall Sheep Hunt

Default Dall Sheep Hunt

If anyone was interested, There is a guy on ebay selling a Dall Sheep hunt, starting bid $5500.00 buy it now $6900.00. This is all inclusive out of fairbanks. The guides name is Art Hirschel with North Country Hunting.
    Does anyone know anything about him? I am doing a Float Moose hunt this year So I cant go. It is an 8 Day hunt.

Barko

Default Forgot to mention

He is out of Delta.

I know art, didnt know he was still around though. Hes a good guy, honest and guides up in the brooks range normally. Dont know why he is so cheap on this, but if art placed the add, then the hunt Its for real. I'd guess he is sacrificing cost for advertising purposes. I was thinking most hunts are in the $1300 range? He got his start with a local guide. He is a good taxidermist too.

Question sometimes you get what you pay for

seems like a great deal for someone. i wonder if the buyer will get the same hunt/effort as someone who pays the full regular price?

If I know art the way I think I do, then Im certain the winner will get the best effort art can give. No matter the winning price.

I 2nd what Jim is saying, knowing Art as well. Dont quite understand why its so cheap though? I bet thats an Alaska range hunt, just a hop skip and a jump from Delta, cant fly into the Brooks for that price and make any money on it. But across the river there isn't much cost associated.

Default hmmm..

surprised that the "buy it now" isn't yet "bought it then"....Thats a great deal from a guy getting some props from solid sources around here....

Red face

too cheap, makes me uneasy. glad to hear good things about art. i hope someone takes advantage of a good opportunity.

Smile

I know Art from my time at Fort Greely. He is an excellent taxidermist and did my TMA ram mount in 1998. He is a straightforward, honest man. I believe whoever does this hunt will thoroughly enjoy themselves and will take the ram they are looking for. He also has a fully-guided grizzly bear hunt on E-bay also.