Thread: Help 200 sportjet impeller

Default Help 200 sportjet impeller

Trying to pull the impeller this is the first time it will be coming off got the nut lose but impeller wont come off any tips

I had to drop the stomp grate to slide a bar up in behind the impeller and then methodically hammer it off. It was a bit of a PIA but we got it off. Then before we reapplied it we lubed it up (the shaft) with grease so hopefully the next time it will come off easier.

Yup I had to do the same. Make sure you use a brass punch or piece of wood

did the wood it just split

B4 I drop the grate (which can be a major PIA sometimes), I use a heat gun to warm the back side of the impeller. Once she's toasty warm (not super hot, toasty warm) I slip a 3/8" alum flat bar thru the grate bars, positioning the bar as close to the imp shaft as possible. Using a dead blow hammer, I give the bar 2 or 3 solid whacks. If I see no movement, then it's drop the grate time.

If I see the imp moves a bit, I repeat the above steps untill she's off.

I have some aluminum flat bar that i can bring over tomorrow too if ya still can't get it off. As hard as you saif the nut was to get off, I'm sure that impeller is pushed onto the back of the splines really tight. It's just gonna need a little convincing to get her off.

THanks bring it with you

Air hammer on the end of the shaft, it will come off in about 5 seconds!.......

do not air hammer it please.... also when you put it back together make sure you use lots of gease on that shaft and you never have that problem again.
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

robbentler came over tonight and fixed me up ended have to warm it up and then it came of dont understand why they just dont put grease on it from the factory. Thanks to all for the advise how you doing mike

Man, wish it was a week later, I've got a high skew on the way, we coulda had a party!

just passing advise i was given frist time i took mine apart. I also replaced the 2 phillps head skrews with allen heads. If you do that get stain less ones. Just counting the days.
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..