Thread: Copper River dippin'

Default Copper River dippin'

Well, last year didnt work out to hit the dippin' season. This year, we are starting to chat about it, now, rather then later! So, with that being said, what does the "boat charter" cost per person? No, boat here, and the last 3-4 times i've been (only times) to the Copper, i've never come home with a fish! Will only have the time to go once this summer so I would like to do it correctly and hopefully (crossing fingers) hit it at the right time! Fill me in on the scoop! (pun tended)

Check out thread below yours called "Fill me in on Chitina..." - ignore all the stupid rants and just look at the first several replies. Someone put a link in there about charter boats, and I think it is $100/head, or $90/head for a couple. Good luck and be safe!

Quote Originally Posted by AK Explorer View Post
    Check out thread below yours called "Fill me in on Chitina..." - ignore all the stupid rants and just look at the first several replies. Someone put a link in there about charter boats, and I think it is $100/head, or $90/head for a couple. Good luck and be safe!
    Yea, read that thead, made my head hurt!

Be nice if some topic's were kept on track...............

$100 a person have your stuff in line way early like midnight prior. the charter is the way to go. Done the four wheeling and it wasnt fun.

How many to a boat? I would be interested in hooking up with some guys on here and hitting it hard for a day or two! I've been considering booking a boat soon so I have the best chance to limit out quickly.
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

Do sport fish rules apply or can you fish for a "boat limit" when dipping?

Quote Originally Posted by AK Explorer View Post
    ignore all the stupid rants
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDSLDOG View Post
    Yea, read that thead, made my head hurt!

Be nice if some topic's were kept on track...............
    Then lets keep it on track and stay on topic fellas shall we?! Now back to the thread... Break out your checkbook I hear the price of gas in Chitna is hovering around six bucks a gallon. Those dipnet charter jockeys don't run their skiffs on steam like the Abercrombie expedition did. I'd take my own boat if was crazy enough to go that far for salmon

I'm taking a poll
    <--------click this star if you think I should run for Gov

No, boat here, and the last 3-4 times i've been (only times) to the Copper, i've never come home with a fish!
    ..silly dog....you must know SOMEONE with a boat that knows how to get on some fish over there...I bet if you thought hard enough you could come up with SOMEONE willing to put up with you for a day or so...
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

Quote Originally Posted by tjm View Post
    ..silly dog....you must know SOMEONE with a boat that knows how to get on some fish over there...I bet if you thought hard enough you could come up with SOMEONE willing to put up with you for a day or so...
    Silly T, tricks are for kids! ...... I've got the truck to haul it (all) and boat gas is NOT an issue! Figured you gave up on fishing and just gave boat tours with that new fancy rig and all, ya know, fish slim?! I gots ta gets some fish this year, if your up for a weekend let me know, I'm ready any time!

P.S. Shall we try to run that little dingy of yours up to Alexander for a snoring, mosquitoe, sun burn trip?

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    Do sport fish rules apply or can you fish for a "boat limit" when dipping?
    I do believe, sport fish rules apply. And that would be "personal card limit".

If you guys are up for some company I would like to drag my boat up that way and run with someone who has done it before. I should be off from May 15-June 15 this year (not sure when the good time is)

Figured you gave up on fishing and just gave boat tours with that new fancy rig and all, ya know, fish slim?!
    here's a pic of one afternoon last year....does it look like I care about fish slime?

3 nets, 140 fish, 8 hours of work...

pull my finger....

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    If you guys are up for some company I would like to drag my boat up that way and run with someone who has done it before. I should be off from May 15-June 15 this year (not sure when the good time is)
    would love the company....but I won't be fishing until the 2nd run....August...
    pull my finger....

Quote Originally Posted by tjm View Post
    here's a pic of one afternoon last year....does it look like I care about fish slime?
    Bring it! You name the date/time, consider it done!