Thread: Video Report:Kenai April 2, 2011

Default Video Report:Kenai April 2, 2011

Get your popcorn ready!

Hit the Kenai with felow forum members 900Fusion, AkNook, and Bowdy15. Found lots of fish looking for bugs right at the surface. Our group ended up in double digits despite the howling wind right at the bridge. Fished several locations all over the Upper, but ended up catching all of our fish right at the bridge. Definitely worth heading back down to get some fishing in, thought we would see a lot of people but I guess they all stayed in town for the show. Those folks definitely missed out as this Saturday kicked @$$ for fishing. Special Thanks to some guy named Dave to show us what the fish were eating. Enjoy!

Fish On!

http://www.trophy-clips.com/view_vid...d53e20206bd6fe
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

Great bunch of fish. The only trout we can find around here (within 200 miles) is at the 'put-n-take' places & they are rarely over 12". Kind of not inspirational when you have fished the Kenai for kings, silvers, & sockeye. For wild trout I have to go to the White River in northern Arkansas- there the trout are bigger.

I was also surprise to see the Kenai so low (I had heard it happened). My wife & I did fishing trips last August that started at the bridge and floated down to the take out just past the Russian. First time we had done the upper

That was awesome guys! The fishing looked killer! Thanks for another great production

I'm taking a poll
    <--------click this star if you think I should run for Gov

Hello there,
    I have spent the last 2 months learning and trying to tie flies. I have many nymphs, woolies, smolts, zugs and the like. I was hoping that you wouls point me in the right direction on what you were using. This is my first year with a fly rod and this coming weel I shall be giving it a good try to catch and land my first Kenai Rainbow on a fly rod. Would you be so kind as to point me in a fly selection direction?
    Thanx,
    Mike

Sure looked like fun hooking into all those fish.... lol sweet fish.

Oh, I see now I just need to buy a pair of Simms waders.lol Looks like ya had way more hook ups this weekend with the new digs 900. Great job guys! Sucks I had to work yesterday afternoon. Thanks for sharing the video.
    I have such a hard time trying to decide which outdoor activity to do every chance I get!! Living in AK is a mental challenge

i was there yesterday seen you guys i was trying to drift a bead with my 9 weight im sure it was a blast to watch a newbey but all skill aside you guys are tough i couldnt last no more than a hour props on that aswell FISH ON!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nuprofessor View Post
    Great bunch of fish. The only trout we can find around here (within 200 miles) is at the 'put-n-take' places & they are rarely over 12". Kind of not inspirational when you have fished the Kenai for kings, silvers, & sockeye. For wild trout I have to go to the White River in northern Arkansas- there the trout are bigger.

I was also surprise to see the Kenai so low (I had heard it happened). My wife & I did fishing trips last August that started at the bridge and floated down to the take out just past the Russian. First time we had done the upper
    I AM FROM OZARK MO AND JUST MOVED TO ALASKA IN 08 since then i have been learning to fish all over again i never knew about the white river haveing this big of trout but now that i trout fish those 22 and 24 inchers we would catch with power baits down at power site dam we nice fish have you been picking mushrooms there up now my cuz picked 30 yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by ADUKHNT View Post
    Oh, I see now I just need to buy a pair of Simms waders.lol Looks like ya had way more hook ups this weekend with the new digs 900. Great job guys! Sucks I had to work yesterday afternoon. Thanks for sharing the video.
    I guess so. haha

It will be alright nook you'll knock them dead next time and maybe just maybe chris will have a bad day.. lol being its his turn now
    -Tight Lines & head shakin

Quote Originally Posted by 900fusion View Post
    I guess so. haha

It will be alright nook you'll knock them dead next time and maybe just maybe chris will have a bad day.. lol being its his turn now
    Kenai will be fished alot this year so I'm not too worried about not hooking into one yesterday. It was pretty awesome to see that many fish being caught by our group. Always great just being on the water. About Chris..... I dunno man, he once told me "I don't fish, I catch" and nailed a rainbow on the Russian seconds from saying that phrase.

Looks like it was a good time. I am still drilling holes!

Once again, nice job fellas. I really enjoyed the one you made last week with the underwater footage. Keep em comin. I think you guys are in the wrong line of work. You should be making fishing videos for a livin. You and that Jedi guy.

awesome video guys!

Quote Originally Posted by 900fusion View Post
    I guess so. haha

I will never have a bad day, I will just talk about the weather...LMAO!

Quote Originally Posted by AKnook View Post
    Kenai will be fished alot this year so I'm not too worried about not hooking into one yesterday. It was pretty awesome to see that many fish being caught by our group. Always great just being on the water. About Chris..... I dunno man, he once told me "I don't fish, I catch" and nailed a rainbow on the Russian seconds from saying that phrase.
    You may call me "master" LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwhack Jack View Post
    Once again, nice job fellas. I really enjoyed the one you made last week with the underwater footage. Keep em comin. I think you guys are in the wrong line of work. You should be making fishing videos for a livin. You and that Jedi guy.
    Sweet thanks!

Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

Sweet vid, sweeter fish! Way to go get'em when most of us are either looking down a hole standing next to a propane heater or just dreaming we were you...on a warmer day.

Hey i was there that day on the other side of the river with my brother Lguz808, We were the ones not catching anything! haha. Great video guys, keep um coming!

nice video!!! lots of action eh?
    “We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect.” - (Aldo Leopold)

Killer video bigcox!! Awesome stuff. Glad you guys tied into some fish - looks like a truly epic early season trip. Really makes me wish I had got out fishing this weekend instead of hanging around the house and smoking all of my leftover salmon (although it turned out pretty tasty so I'm not that regretful ha ha!)

Sweet stuff. As always, great work putting the video together. I love it!!
    Pursue happiness with diligence.

Were 900 and BC the only ones fishing???????? LOL Good job guys! I liked the opening too...........

Nice Video, wish we would have done that well on Sunday!!