Thread: Anyone have anything good or bad to say about Hatchers pass?

Default Anyone have anything good or bad to say about Hatchers pass?

I am still without a spot I'm going to drive up to Hatchers Pass tomorrow to do some scouting.
    If any one has any info either way I'd appreciate it

Andy

Heavy use area but always worth the time.
    "When the time comes for a man to look his Maker in the eye, where better could the meeting be held than in the wilderness?"

Default Back side

I imagine the backside might be worth checking out I don't know about how many cabins you'll have to avoid though I know there is lots of brown bears in that mountAin range. I would maybe look into a spot up buffalo mine road also

the only thing with that area is lots of people

I was going to bait off a certain road up in Hatchers until I went to put in my stuff. There were bait sites EVERYWHERE. Decided to bag it. One guy I did talk to said there were plenty of bears up in there, and the recently the Browns had been coming in really bad.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Quote Originally Posted by fishingyoda View Post
    I imagine the backside might be worth checking out I don't know about how many cabins you'll have to avoid though I know there is lots of brown bears in that mountAin range. I would maybe look into a spot up buffalo mine road also
    Agreed with that. You can also access Buffalo Mine Road from Hatchers via moose range trails off of Sunset? dr across from the yellow store. If you have an ATV or snowmachine you could check a lot of area in a short amount of time. Good luck, let us know how it goes.
    "When the time comes for a man to look his Maker in the eye, where better could the meeting be held than in the wilderness?"

I will hopefully have a spot picked soon

Thanks