Thread: The snow near the Richardson (by Summit) is almost gone

Default The snow near the Richardson (by Summit) is almost gone

If you are planning to pick snow off the Richardson on your way to Chitina, keep in mind that you may have to walk away from the road to get any. There is just a little ice over Summit, but the snow next to the road is almost gone. I picked some snow not too far from the road near the Rainbow Mountains (next to the Delta), but I only saw a few spots where there was snow left. It it stays cool for now the snow could last maybe a week or so, but I would not count on that if I was you.

Also, the salmon at the Copper were moving extremely slow by Saturday (first weekend). The water was low, but it was very hot and sunny (I was sweating like a monkey) from Thursday-Saturday. Luckily it only got windy Saturday morning by the time we left, but the blowing sand and dust was incredible. So, "Subsistence" was too slow, but don't know if the regular dip-netting below the bridge during the weekend was OK.

Exclamation Per the ADFG Site...

Dipnetting (below the bridge) wasn't open this weekend...did I miss something?
    http://www.sf.adfg.state.ak.us/state...3-RS-03-06.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by AKArcher
    Dipnetting (below the bridge) wasn't open this weekend...did I miss something?
    http://www.sf.adfg.state.ak.us/state...3-RS-03-06.pdf
    Subsistence dip-netting (above the bridge where I was) opened June 1st. I was not aware that the "personal use" dip-netting (below the bridge) schedule had been moved back.
    Last edited by RayfromAK; 06-05-2006 at 19:49.