Thread: The snow in fairbanks........

Default The snow in fairbanks........

What is everyone doing in fairbanks about the snow? I know my spot still has a foot and a half of snow. Don't know if i want to bait it. Has anyone seen any tracks or bears out yet?
    If you don't have pictures, it never happened

Um, baiting doesn't start for 2 more weeks so........... I'm assuming you know that.

I'm south of you 300 miles and probably won't get my stand put in till May cuz of snow.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

What He said there is still 2 weeks left you would be amazed at what a couple 40+ degree days will do.

Since I'm starting over on my baits, I have to wait till I can see the ground. I hate the snow right now! I have spring fever and the hunting bug has slapped me across the face! Come on already snow....MELT!!!
    Hunt until you don't like it any more

I've put my bait out with snow on the ground a few times, what is the issue with it? Snow, no snow the bears will still be up and moving. I always put my bait out the first day of baiting regardless of what's on the ground. I like to get the scent out there for when they do start poking around.
    "...arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe...Horrid mischief would ensue were the good deprived of the use of them." -Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by AKHunterNP View Post
    I've put my bait out with snow on the ground a few times, what is the issue with it? Snow, no snow the bears will still be up and moving. I always put my bait out the first day of baiting regardless of what's on the ground. I like to get the scent out there for when they do start poking around.
    There is really no problem. My problem is I have to move my bait this and until the snow is mostly gone, I don't know what the ground looks like. I put my bait out ASAP, but this year I have to wait.
    Hunt until you don't like it any more