Thread: Salt fishing Next Week ??

Default Salt fishing Next Week ??

I am looking to book a trip next week for 2 friends/uncles that are in town for thier brother's 50th birthday.

They have never been to AK before - and their timing flat sucks for avid fisher/hunter men - but we can't change the birthday now can we...LOL

I am looking to send them on a rockfish/chicken charter Seward or Whittier is preferrable - but if Homer is the only game withing shooting distance of anchorage that could be workable also.

Any recommendations to get them into scenery and maybe a fish next week?

I would contact Captain Pete down in Homer about a winter king/halibut combo. The guy does really well with feeder kings (placed 3rd in this year's derby, I think) and can certainly get you onto halibut and rockfish if you so desire.

http://captpete.com/

He wrote an article for our inaugural Alaska Fishing Magazine, which can be read at this link.

I second Capt. Pete Wedin in Homer. A great guy, comfortable boat, excellent guide...

The charters are starting to gear up and get there boats ready here in Seward but I don't think any of them have there boats in the water yet. I could be wrong but I haven't seen any going out yet. I have seen some KFT (Kenai Fjords Tours) boats going out, so if your looking for a senery trip that might be a possibilaty. I know Major Marine is starting up here real soon too.

I am going out on 7 Apr with an outfit from the Seward Fish House, same strange story as yours.
    My child was inmate of the month at Mat-Su pre-trial Correctional facility.

Quote Originally Posted by Mkay View Post
    I am going out on 7 Apr with an outfit from the Seward Fish House, same strange story as yours.
    Yep I guess I saw one of there boats go out for a short run today I think they were just taking it out for a test run.

We locked in saturday with Daniels out of Homer. We got the whole boat so will probably troll kings and try for some rockies and chickens during the noon slack. Pete was second on our list...talked to him at the show.