Thread: Taking the Uncles Fishing

Default Taking the Uncles Fishing

My dad passed at 5 years ago.

So, I got his brothers to show a good time. They're from Wisconsin, and I'm planning on flying them up around June time frame. I don't have too much too offer except some fishing rods and a truck with a big bed. I want to take them saltwater fishing, and possibly freshwater. I'm thinking they'll be here for 10 days max, and they may never see Alaska again. I'm just looking for some tips, any positive info will be greatly appreaciated. I live in Anchorage. And I don't check this much, if you could email me at m1otto2003@yahoo.com with your ideas that would be great.

Thank You

Jeremy

Jeremy the old duffers are gonna be in hog heaven. I wouldn't knock yourself out trying to be mr. tour guide, just take them on the road system, and maybe do a charter in Homer or Seward. They'll have the trip of their lives..

I'm taking a poll
    <--------click this star if you think I should run for Gov

My uncle has come up twice in the last 5 years and been shut out of halibut/salmon charters due to weather. I would tentatively plan my charters, and do like fb said and get them out on the open road. If the weather doesn't hold, it's always warm and dry in the Suburban! Good luck, no matter what you do, they will be in shock and awe.
    Walking on the Matanuska glacier is always a hit...
    "When the time comes for a man to look his Maker in the eye, where better could the meeting be held than in the wilderness?"

Quote Originally Posted by tailwind View Post
    Walking on the Matanuska glacier is always a hit...
    How old are these duffers? The reason I ask is it might pay to take a stroll around the senior housing here in Wasilla. My mother-law lives there and I can barely get from my truck to her door w/o getting hit on, theres so many randy old birds on the prowl lookin for some action...just sayin

I'm taking a poll
    <--------click this star if you think I should run for Gov