Thread: What Game Camera brand?

Default What Game Camera brand?

I'm considering buying a Game Trail Camera to see what critters lurk about in my hunting area, it the off-season it will serve as a "Caught in the act" device in my cabin the next time it is burglarized.
    What worked in Alaska for you? I want one that does not flash to spook animals or warn thieves, it cannot have any LED lights that come on or stay on.
    Anyone try the Moultrie D-50 IR? it is about $100 online and $129 at Walmart.

Talking

I use a Cuddie Back here in northern WI, I thought about going with one without the flash but ended up buying one with the flash... put it out and a week later had 600 pictures of deer coming to a picked corn field. I worried about the flash spooking animals and even on my bear baits have never had a problem, but I do put them in a protection device when baiting bears. My buddy has the infrared one, works great also, but I like the flash better pictures a little more cleaner picture... I now have three Cuddie Backs and I keep adding one per year, they last about a week in cold weather (-10 or colder) Good Luck but the best ones I have tried are the Cuddie Back...

+1 - Cuddeback. I have the IR version. Great pictures and last year I got my batteries to last from mid-April to the first of June.

Taylor

Primos Truth cam gets good reviews, its $79.99 on sale at Cabelas. I use a wildview, not that great of a cam, going to upgrade to a new one soon.

Ditto that, I own a pair of Cuddeback Capture 3.0's. No comlaints, they're great trail cams.

I have 3 cuddeback excite cameras which are a little older but they are nice when they work. All 3 have gone crazy at some point and taken hundreds of pictures of nothing and have had to be sent back to the manufacturer. The last time they hung up on me when I was arguing with them about having to pay to have the camera fixed!! I now use the 8 megapixel bushnell cameras. they are awesome. My hunting partner and I run about 6-8 cameras during year for whitetails here in Southeast Wisconsin.

Found this site that compares all cameras...good stuff. All I read about Moultrie is not good, esp realibility and customer service. Thanks for the Primos tip, they compare very well for the price. I bought one from Cabela's.

http://www.chasingame.com/index.php?id=2

I have had very good luck with "Wildgame Inovations" (model x6c). It is small, light, takes infrared pictures out to about fifty feet (@ night). Very clear, good resolution, color pix during daytime. I've always used it in a steel security box, locked to a tree with a "Python Lock" (by MasterLock)... available thru www.chasingame.com. Great battery life (using 8 Energizer Ultrimate lithium batteries) which lasts me up to three months. Price on sale $100. Steel security box: $29. I have also had good luck with Cuddyback (IR version).

Before you buy, I suggest you check out the aforementioned www.chasingame.com website!

I've been using cuddebacks for about 6 years now and the trigger speed and battery life are amazing. I've been sitting in my stand at dusk and observed many deer and bear having their picture taken with flash and haven't seen one spook yet.

What Models are you using? Some of the Cuddies got poor ratings? Same of other brands
    "What is it about a beautiful sunny afternoon, with the birds singing and the wind rustling through the leaves, that makes you want to get drunk? --Jack Handy

I bought two of the scoutguard 550 cameras last year. They have been by far the best cameras I have used to date. Good pictures, great battery life, small, IR, good videos, fast trigger speed. All around they work excellent. I was impressed by the trigger spead. Last fall when I put them out along a field edge, my mother in law was giving the kids rides on the 4-wheeler and they drove by the camera about 20 - 25 feet away and it caught them in mid frame. They run about $170 -$180 each.

Has anybody used one of the Moultire cameras that allows you to check your pictures from home? Just wondering if that would even be an option up, considering cell signals in remote areas?

I use cuddeback excite too, great pictures. in my profile pics it has the pic of a big beutifull brownie smiling for the camera with bear crack hanging out his mouth. i search google for clearence gear and i found the excite for cheap. cuddeback works great and hasnt failed me, good battery life.